Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Freeman caught cheating??

How many people were on this boat while someone was topping off the fish's tank?
    Is it possible to indiscreetly pull out a wash down hose, position and pull down a huge fish's panties and
    commence to molesting said fish while going unnoticed?
    How many people were on this boat?
    Was Billy on this boat?
    I have no idea what happened and whodunnit or who knew what, but these are logical questions I would think.
    I would believe that as the owner of a yacht like his or Bart's, I could see myself going inside to lay down for the ride in
    Or, maybe we'd all be whooping and holler'n and giving high-fives all the way in while admiring the fish and taking pics
    I would lean toward a man of his means and reputation as not being involved but more than one other person knew what was happening

Quote Originally Posted by Colin4 View Post
    Well that's the quote from a different member, not Billy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    The first paragraph was from THT member AFTCO. The second paragraph is Billy's response to AFTCOs statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

I just find it a little funny that his own million dollar plus boats aren’t good enough for him to fish on. Had to go get a Weaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    The first paragraph was from THT member AFTCO. The second paragraph is Billy's response to AFTCOs statement.
    Yeah, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I just find it a little funny that his own million dollar plus boats aren’t good enough for him to fish on. Had to go get a Weaver.
    Kinda what I thought.

Wouldn’t it be cool if you had both, like he probably does.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I would prefer A/C and a roof.

Yep.

I also can accept his response as the truth about how it went down.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I just want a sportfisher with AC that does 60 MPH

and free fuel.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Billy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Im sure there's a Freeman with Weaver written on it..trading work is the American way.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Im sure there's a Freeman with Weaver written on it..trading work is the American way.
    Decals or airbrush?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    How many people were on this boat while someone was topping off the fish's tank?
    Is it possible to indiscreetly pull out a wash down hose, position and pull down a huge fish's panties and
    commence to molesting said fish while going unnoticed?
    How many people were on this boat?
    Was Billy on this boat?
    I have no idea what happened and whodunnit or who knew what, but these are logical questions I would think.
    I would believe that as the owner of a yacht like his or Bart's, I could see myself going inside to lay down for the ride in
    Or, maybe we'd all be whooping and holler'n and giving high-fives all the way in while admiring the fish and taking pics
    I would lean toward a man of his means and reputation as not being involved but more than one other person knew what was happening
    I have no idea, but looking at PIcs of a 63' weaver, I definitely wouldn't have been on deck watching a fish. No telling what kind of entertainment they had in the cabin....Could have been stuff to make peepaw proud
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Decals or airbrush?
    100% airbrush

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I ain't faulting the man for having both, as I prefer the AC myself when offshore all day. But, it's still kind of funny

I ain't faulting the man for having both, as I prefer the AC myself when offshore all day. But, it's still kind of funny
    Research? I mean let's be honest, maybe there is a market for a 60' Sporty Cat. How do you fully comprehend the needs of a sporty unless you fish on a sporty?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin4 View Post
    Here's what the link says.

Hey Guys,
    Now that everyone has speculated for a week, let me set the record straight...
    The following was posted on THT yesterday by username "Aftco"

"I know all of the guys personally that fished with Billy and Billy himself. First off, Billy is a straight shooter along with the captain. To clear someone of the hearsay, Billy has spent 15 years building an honest brand and seems to now carry a black eye because of an ignorant mistake by 1. In no way shape or form does Billy condone cheating, tolerate or allow it. Unfortunately at this point, they all are guilty by association. Now to carry the facts, a mate and only 1 mate did in fact ingest water (roughly 3 gallons of fresh water) into the marlin during the nearly 4 hour ride in. They are fishing on a 63ft Weaver owned by Billy Freeman. Why fresh water, the boat does not have a raw water wash down. It is fact, that Billy and captain where totally unaware of what happened. Why you say, when you have a potential $750k fish on the deck, you begin to celebrate and attention while running 30knots for 4 hours is not on the fish 100% of the time. Guys where in the salon watching tv, listening to music and celebrating. Not going to elaborate more on that but you get the point. The guys pull into the weight station and weigh the fish, but more importantly the stomach fell out of the fishes mouth as they pull away which red flagged the whole ordeal. Concern on the dock ensues and the scientist began his investigation. Due to the ingest and amount, the fish was DQ’d. The tournament director quickly addressed the boat owner and captain privately and confirmed the DQ’d fish. From that point, Billy and captain began questioning crew and 1 mate came forward and confessed what happened. Billy is now in a tight spot, trying to due what any honest sportsman would due he fires said mate. I can’t imagine the feeling and not passing judgement either way, just simply stating the facts. Billy has now a bigger challenge ahead. Unfortunate event that ruins it for everybody."

Aftco (not to be confused with the apparel company) wrote a mostly accurate response yesterday that has been passed around the internet, but there were a few details that weren't quite on point.
    My full-time mate for the summer was not fired nor sent home. However, the 2 others that were involved were indeed sent home and won't be allowed back on any boat belonging to me. No names will be mentioned, but I can assure you they are feeling the wrath of this whole ordeal... much the same way me, my family, my friends and crew are feeling the wrath of 2 people's ABSOLUTELY DUMBASS mistake. Lots of emotions, tears and "what the hell were they thinking" has been going on.
    I want to move on from this and continue running a successful boat building program and continue fishing with and against some of the best fishermen in the world.

I have received support from people that know me and from people that don't know me. However, there will be those that want to point fingers at why someone has been successful ..."must have been cheating". I have never cheated and never will cheat. My 17-year-old son is a MAJOR reason for the success of Mas Pescado, our king fishing team, and he is well on his way to being a force to reckon with in the blue water realm.... Why would I jeopardize that? I have spent 15 years building my business and what I feel is a solid reputation... Lying, cheating and stealing is a quick path to failure in my book.

Thank you for your time and I wish everyone the best...

Sincerely
    Billy Freeman

I believe him. I live in America and in America, you are innocent until proven guilty. If they had a money fish, I actually feel terrible for them. Granted, he doesn't "need" the money, but that's a lot of cash and if some dumbass on the boat f'ed that up, I would be more than pissed off. Also, I think it's pretty cool that we have such a premier boat builder right here in our back yards, and I wish them to continue to have success.

For a guy like this it is not about the money. A top 5 finish is prestige that money cant buy for himself and his boat brand. Got a good brand, good sales, and 2-3 year waiting period for delivery. Dont know the man but feel for him in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    For a guy like this it is not about the money. A top 5 finish is prestige that money cant buy for himself and his boat brand. Got a good brand, good sales, and 2-3 year waiting period for delivery. Dont know the man but feel for him in this case.
    4 years now!!!

When I get of work today I’ll be fishing for bream in a Jon boat with a fella named Billy. Probably not the same guy y’all are talking bout.