Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of Lake Marion

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    It's interesting that the Bassmasters can come to the lake and run anywhere they want, but the inner tube towing residents can't.
    Can confirm. Was asked to show a BASS guy 2 spots. Russellville and Broadwater. They fished out of JCL as I recall. We ran to Russelville. Pretty easy. He then wanted to blast off to Broadwater Creek. We considered the probably's and the maybe's yet he said "Fuck it".

Stood that Triton straight up and never looked back. No channel, no markers, no nothing.

Tennessee boys ain't skeered...

My motto is you only worry about the stumps you can see
    867-5309

I asked for pics. You will have public meetings for input. Your posts suggesting I have a hidden agenda are simply untrue.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I asked for pics. You will have public meetings for input. Your posts suggesting I have a hidden agenda are simply untrue.
    I’m sure with 10 minutes of research (which I don’t care to do), the agenda would be quite clear.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Pretty entertaining read. I have never been on lake Marion. The closest I know I've ever been to lake Marion is Sweatman's bar b que. I don't really have an opinion of duck tape, but the more trkykilr posts the more I like him, but I digress.
    On to the point of me posting on a thread I have no opinion on. Earlier in this thread there was speak of "dirt necks" knocking $10000 motors off of $60,000 boats. Please.
    In the infancy of our waterfowl careers, my friend, b.brown (on this site) decided to purchase a panther boat. For those not familiar with said craft, a panther is a very small boat (envision a Jon boat and a kayak having a drunken orgy and this slice of heaven popped out 9 months later with WAY YONDER more motor than necessary). We decided that the saluda river in Pelzer was the best place for our maiden voyage.Unbeknownst to me until I got into said panther, I apparently have a deep seated fear of small boats with bigger motors than necessary on questionable waterways. It was also discovered at the same time that Mr Brown had a fear of operating a boat at less than 125 miles per hour on questionable waterways. Also bear in mind that both b.brown and I are "robust" fellows that garner great entertainment from our own ineptitude. On our maiden voyage, after finally convincing my friend that if he didn't slow the hell down I would exit his boat, walk home, and curse the day of his conception he finally gave in to my whining and killed the outboard. I was operating the bow mount trolling motor when we ran, trolling motor first, into a shopping cart someone had stolen from the BILO in Pelzer and tossed into the river, thus disconnecting said trolling motor from the mount. In my ineptitude, I had no idea what had happened, and my last thought was to take my foot off he control, thus sending the still quite operational trolling motor passing us at a great clip heading the other way. We did, after a pause for uproarious laughter, finally get the trolling motor reigned in, upon which we both decided we were too lazy to paddle back to the boat ramp, and led to a rather robust fellow (me) sitting on the very front of the boat,bear hugging a running trolling motor, much to the delight of the"meet at the boat ramp and smoke dope" crowd.
    So, please, i implore my scducks brethren, let's save titles like "dirt neck" for those who have earned them.

Bravo Pcole

I know most most of you fellas got brand spankin new rigs and what not but you ain't a true dirt neck unless you've man handled you motor. I've been fishing twice in my life and in my boat where the steering locked up in the water and had to disconnect the steering rod and hold the motor while someone else drove. It's a 75 hp and for shits and giggles, we ran that bitch on plane all of the place striper fishing! You should have seen the looks on people's faces as we drove past. The guy running the throttle has to give command as to the direction to twist the motor. Man that bitch was hard to hold straight getting some speed but once on plane she turned with ease. We finally figured out that our dip net was big enough around to go over the motor. That worked great! Just like a tiller steer!

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I know most most of you fellas got brand spankin new rigs and what not but you ain't a true dirt neck unless you've man handled you motor. I've been fishing twice in my life and in my boat where the steering locked up in the water and had to disconnect the steering rod and hold the motor while someone else drove. It's a 75 hp and for shits and giggles, we ran that bitch on plane all of the place striper fishing! You should have seen the looks on people's faces as we drove past. The guy running the throttle has to give command as to the direction to twist the motor. Man that bitch was hard to hold straight getting some speed but once on plane she turned with ease. We finally figured out that our dip net was big enough around to go over the motor. That worked great! Just like a tiller steer!
    Awesome- been there- done that( without planning off) and will remember the dip net next time

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    That’s what i was trying to say to the guys that support what this clown is presenting to us. I was 12 years old running the lake with my 25 evinrude I’d hit a stump knock that bitch down with my elbow and keep on going.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor4 View Post
    That’s what i was trying to say to the guys that support what this clown is presenting to us. I was 12 years old running the lake with my 25 evinrude I’d hit a stump knock that bitch down with my elbow and keep on going.
    Exactly! That's what the motor kick up switch is for just knock that bitch back down and keep riding. If someone is too stupid to not have that switch free, yeah, They might lose a foot or snatch that thing right off the back! Spend some time on the water and get to know it. If not, slow the fuck down. I don't see how it's complicated.

Default Pics of Lake Marion

See ya at the meetings. OUT
    You’ve resurrected yourself more than Jesus and M2 combined
    Last edited by trkykilr; 02-16-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Hahaha out

Ok I’m back!!

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    You’ve resurrected yourself more than Jesus and M2 combined
    Ill post the poll to vote me off the island again if you wish. In the mean time learn some manners.

DT, is this your idea, or someone else? If it was brought to you by someone else, who is that person and/or group?
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Ill post the poll to vote me off the island again if you wish. In the mean time learn some manners.
    You are the one that said that you were out. That didn’t require a poll.

I am a stickler for manners, and haven’t deviated from that in this thread. I feel that I’ve been both forthright and respectful.

Regardless of the results of any poll, your hubris won’t allow you to stay away.

While I have heard people who live on the lake complain and heard they intended to clear it before the war stopped it, I started this discussion all by myself. I have not talked to any developing group. I have a bakehouse on Lake Marion. It is not for sale and never will be.

The users of the lake deserve better.

This endeavor will have a plan put together by experts. The surrounding community will have the ability to have input into the plan.

Development is not my purpose. I would expect the surrounding communities to see potential economic advantages from any improvement. That includes paved roads, public landings and stocked fish.

If this site does not want me to continue bringing ideas to the forefront or warning them of legislation, just say so. We have the chairman of Ways and Means in Sumter and myself on the committee and chairing the subcommittee that has DNR and the Conservation Bank Budgets. We have an opportunity to make a difference.

I enjoy the playful banter on here and love to get your goat on occasion, BUT i have had enough of the personal insults, slanderous comments, and conspiracy theories. You can read about what we did instead of me asking your opinion.

Is it polite enough to say fuck your opinion...we need a "leave the stumps movement."

Better keep that bakehouse a secret, ol’ Alan Wilson done said reefer is the most dangerous drug of all time in the history of the ultraverse.

If they would quit screwing with the lake maybe they wouldn’t need to stock ducks and fish. It use to be good before they started managing the place.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.