Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Owl in a tree

Breast him out and let’s us know how it is.

pan-seared is the wise choice, I think
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    A biologist friend suggested on low light days juvenile owls like to get out during the daylight and act, well...juvenile. said it was pretty common...I wanna live, dammit! Lolz
    Squirrels are all over the ground burying acorns. The early owl gets the squirrel.....as they say.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I've seen lots of owls hop/fly from ground to tree, during the day, most notably the first snowy owl I ever saw in SC.
    Last edited by Calibogue; 10-09-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I had a Great Horned buzzed me in the yard at the lake one night. It flew straight to the neighbors yard and hopped around for a few minutes then went and lit in a tree. The next morning I went to the neighbors yard and found mole tunnels throughout the yard.
    Last edited by JOHNSON; 10-10-2019 at 07:34 AM.

we keep a pair of barred around the house.....quite a few others around the neighborhood too....they’re territorial and will swoop in to check out a bluetooth playing a barred sound clip

Dang- you didn't say it walked 50 ' to the tree- that's a grave walker looking for your soul. Don't- I repeat- Don't go to sleep tonight.

I would at least squeeze out a ring of toothpaste around the bed tonight. Just in case. No gaps.

jwilliams is online now 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Mothman prophecies

37E34107-5425-4971-929F-A56F02C4A023.jpg
    My mother passed Oct. 2nd and I came home to this on Oct. 3rd. Didn’t think anything of it until I saw this thread.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

the shit is real
    and Godspeed to your mom.

You will see her again.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I saw that owl on top of Sanford Stadium.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I was squirrel hunting from a tree stand a few years ago after deer season. I popped a squirrel on the ground in the noggin', which makes them jump around like a zombie and out of nowhere, a big barred owl swooped down and landed on him, turned his head all the way around to give me a bitch slap look and then flew off with my squirrel. It didn't piss me off. The experience was worth way more than a dead squirrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I don’t think even the harbinger of death can save the Coots.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    That weren’t no owl, it were a chicken hawk.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by HARV View Post
    Perhaps something in your life needs some attention and adjusting. Don't believe everything you see , look within. Spike got dive bombed by a screech owl a couple times just before the wolves visited him. Spirit power is loose and I don't know why.
    Could just be what 2th said though , time to make sure the will is up to date.
    I'm thinking it's a Skinwalker what took the from of an owl. What say you, Harv?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

That don't sound good but I reckon it could be! Nitz , you might wanna hang a pine bough over your doors and windows. ummm just as a fashion statement ya know. They look cool!
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Owls. I had a screech owl when I was 10-12. His name was Crawford. He would land on my shoulder and ride around like a boss. Hated anyone else. If only he were a fox...

I had a great horned owl come off a hummock right in front of the boat while fishing a tailing tide 2 weeks ago. I have been trying to divine the meaning of that ever since.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by HARV View Post
    That don't sound good but I reckon it could be! Nitz , you might wanna hang a pine bough over your doors and windows. ummm just as a fashion statement ya know. They look cool!
    I have already put them up..2 on the front door and one on the back. Is that too many? I hope I didn't screw it up...again
    At least I'm housebroken.