Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We're saved

Default We're saved

I'm guessing we're about to see dramatic drop in Covid, and it will be attributed to Biden.

The very day of Biden's inauguration, the WHO changed their guidelines on PCR testing and positive diagnosis. They now state a positive result is not in itself an indication of infection with Covid and that a 2nd test along with a clinical diagnosis (imagine that) is required. e.g. weak test + zero symptoms no longer = infection (positive case).

"WHO guidance Diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-2 states that careful interpretation of weak positive results is needed (1). The cycle threshold (Ct) needed to detect virus is inversely proportional to the patient’s viral load. Where test results do not correspond with the clinical presentation, a new specimen should be taken and retested using the same or different NAT technology.

WHO reminds IVD users that disease prevalence alters the predictive value of test results; as disease prevalence decreases, the risk of false positive increases (2). This means that the probability that a person who has a positive result (SARS-CoV-2 detected) is truly infected with SARS-CoV-2 decreases as prevalence decreases, irrespective of the claimed specificity.

Most PCR assays are indicated as an aid for diagnosis, therefore, health care providers must consider any result in combination with timing of sampling, specimen type, assay specifics, clinical observations, patient history, confirmed status of any contacts, and epidemiological information."

https://www.who.int/news/item/14-12-...-for-ivd-users
    Last edited by everlast; 01-21-2021 at 02:17 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    I'm guessing we're about to see dramatic drop in Covid, and it will be attributed to Biden.
    Wasn't this already supposed to happen Nov. 4th?

Time will tell, but with these new guidelines, i don't see the possibility of it no dropping drastically. All of these tests that were positives, up to 80% false positives when testing above a certain cycle count, will now likely be negatives when re-tested and combined with a doctor actually having combine the test results with their clinical observations. e.g. weak test + zero symptoms no longer = infection.
    Last edited by everlast; 01-21-2021 at 08:59 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Wasn't this already supposed to happen Nov. 4th?
    Yes, then a huge spike. Deflection is strong these days.

Honestly, if they claim it's a win and we can all go back to normal then go for it. It makes no difference to Biden. He will not be president 7 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post
    Honestly, if they claim it's a win and we can all go back to normal then go for it. It makes no difference to Biden. He will not be president 3 months from now.
    FIFY....
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Yes, then a huge spike. Deflection is strong these days.
    who is deflecting?
    -Samuel Adams

What happened to the dark days ahead? Was that just another scare tactic?

One of Biden's campaign promises was that he had a plan to get this under control. If he did actually have a plan and he gave a shat about people in this country he would've rolled it out then and saved lives. In his first hours he spent his time implementing his liberal policies and re-entering us into the Paris Climate Money Laundering Accords instead of rolling out said plan. He's been caught in a lie already but there's nobody to report it to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    What happened to the dark days ahead? Was that just another scare tactic?
    absolutely not...
    At least I'm housebroken.

Covid isn't going anywhere anytime soon I'm afraid. The vaccine isn't going to fix it the virus is mutating into multiple different strains we're all F****D
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC

Then you have this little gem.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/why-did-a...e-distribution

The day Biden gets inaugurated Amazon offer to work with the administration to rollout the vaccinations. There are a bunch of cold bodies that would like an explanation. Thank you very little asshole.
    Last edited by Gander; 01-21-2021 at 09:35 AM.

Default We're saved

Last edited by nitro5x6's; 01-21-2021 at 09:42 AM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by LCO View Post
    Covid isn't going anywhere anytime soon I'm afraid. The vaccine isn't going to fix it the virus is mutating into multiple different strains we're all F****D
    you know why the death toll in Africa is minimal from covid? They pop hydroxychloroquine like we pop aspirin. I'll let you reach your own conclusions why this has been blocked so heavily here and in Europe.
    -Samuel Adams

Biden has the solution folks. You must wear a mask if you are using public transportation. Absolutely genius. I'm guessing he hasn't traveled much lately because every airline and airport I have been in during the last year already require you to wear a damn mask. Biden must be getting advice from Bill Nye and science guy.

https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/wir..._headlines_hed

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    you know why the death toll in Africa is minimal from covid? They pop hydroxychloroquine like we pop aspirin. I'll let you reach your own conclusions why this has been blocked so heavily here and in Europe.
    Government killing people on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by LCO View Post
    Not sure you're getting the point of the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Government killing people on purpose?
    Are you asking what your own conclusion is? or did "I'll let you reach your own conclusions" not compute?
    Last edited by everlast; 01-21-2021 at 10:07 AM.
    -Samuel Adams

So far.....EOs that have been signed.....

Stops the United States' withdrawal from the World Health Organization, with Dr. Anthony Fauci becoming the head of the delegation to the WHO

Launches a "100 Days Masking Challenge" asking Americans to wear masks for 100 days. Requires masks and physical distancing in federal buildings, on federal lands and by government contractors, and urges states and local governments to do the same.

Creates the position of Covid-19 Response Coordinator, reporting directly to Biden and managing efforts to produce and distribute vaccines and medical equipment

Extends the existing nationwide moratorium on evictions and foreclosures until at least March 31

Extends the existing pause on student loan payments and interest for Americans with federal student loans until at least September 30

Rejoins the Paris climate accord, a process that will take 30 days

Cancels the Keystone XL pipeline and directs agencies to review and reverse more than 100 Trump actions on the environment

Rescinds the Trump administration's 1776 Commission, directs agencies to review their actions to ensure racial equity

Prevents workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity

Requires non-citizens to be included in the Census and apportionment of congressional representatives

Fortifies DACA after Trump's efforts to undo protections for undocumented people brought into the country as children

Reverses the Trump administration's restrictions on US entry for passport holders from seven Muslim-majority countries

Undoes Trump's expansion of immigration enforcement within the United States

Halts construction of the border wall by terminating the national emergency declaration used to fund it

Extends deferrals of deportation and work authorizations for Liberians with a safe haven in the United States until June 30, 2022

Requires executive branch appointees to sign an ethics pledge barring them from acting in personal interest and requiring them to uphold the independence of the Department of Justice

Directs OMB director to develop recommendations to modernize regulatory review and undoes Trump's regulatory approval process

Just a few..... I am sure all these are very beneficial to all of us........ First time I have clicked on CNN in a long time........ https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/20/polit...den/index.html
    Last edited by darealdeal; 01-21-2021 at 01:08 PM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

100million vaccines in 100 days.
    someone follow that for me
    thanks
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.