Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chene Gear....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Timber View Post
    Come on Boozer when you going to fill everybody in?!?!?!???? Are they worth it? How many appearances did you make in them during beta year? Saw you were a spokesmodel or whatever in a picture somewhere.
    I think that price is relative, obviously. If you duck hunt 30 days per year, and they are worth that to you, go ahead and get them. If you earn your money, spend it on what you want. Everyone prioritizes things differently. I think a $500 bass fishing Rod/reel is idiotic. Bunn thinks my $10 turkey shells are idiotic, I’d assume.

I happened to be with Spencer in AR when he was doing the photo shoots. I also happen to be ruggedly handsome and incredibly photogenic. Id appreciate you not letting your wife seeing those pics, as I don’t need anymore groupies. I wore them for 2 days, and they are certainly a huge upgrade over what I had worn previously (Drake boat pants). The biggest difference I saw was the comfort of the boot. Typically, I can’t get my waders off fast enough, but these things were truly comfortable. They also “fit” less like a trashbag and more like a good set of bibs, so they were very comfortable. The straps are nice. I can’t say that I put them through any test for toughness, nor did I really even use the zipper. I don’t think very many waders are made to hold up to walking into SC beaver swamps. Snags and briars are what they are. At least Chene will fix them for life. A hunter that spends a pile of time in waders could certainly justify the money, but a man can justify damn near anything.

I’m getting a pair, albeit at a decent discount. They are worth it to me.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

A lifetime warranty is only as good as the company- these may just be the Vortex of waders. Better buy 2 to have 1 working while the other is being fixed.

I have also seen lifetime warranties not honored for many reasons- lifetime warranty doesn't cover abuse, neglect, damage resulting from no/improper cleaning after each use, can't find the original receipt, company sold, commercial use, must be traded for an identical item and it's no longer available, must be returned to store from which it was purchased- but the store closed down

so- buyer beware or in funny speak- caveat emptor.

I actually hope they live up to the hype, might actually get some if they have 12EEEE- retirement and time to hunt closes in rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I think that price is relative, obviously. If you duck hunt 30 days per year, and they are worth that to you, go ahead and get them. If you earn your money, spend it on what you want. Everyone prioritizes things differently. I think a $500 bass fishing Rod/reel is idiotic. Bunn thinks my $10 turkey shells are idiotic, I’d assume.

I happened to be with Spencer in AR when he was doing the photo shoots. I also happen to be ruggedly handsome and incredibly photogenic. Id appreciate you not letting your wife seeing those pics, as I don’t need anymore groupies. I wore them for 2 days, and they are certainly a huge upgrade over what I had worn previously (Drake boat pants). The biggest difference I saw was the comfort of the boot. Typically, I can’t get my waders off fast enough, but these things were truly comfortable. They also “fit” less like a trashbag and more like a good set of bibs, so they were very comfortable. The straps are nice. I can’t say that I put them through any test for toughness, nor did I really even use the zipper. I don’t think very many waders are made to hold up to walking into SC beaver swamps. Snags and briars are what they are. At least Chene will fix them for life. A hunter that spends a pile of time in waders could certainly justify the money, but a man can justify damn near anything.

I’m getting a pair, albeit at a decent discount. They are worth it to me.
    Just messing with you. Obviously we don't know each other besides the fact I believe we met on the ramp at Clarendon one morning probably about 10-15 years ago, but I figured you would have a little insight on them. I am not going to buy a pair right now as my banded and avery have been great to me and I don't need them. I would have never considered paying that much for waders before and still don't think I would, but if they live up to the hype, who knows.

The value of an inanimate object is something that has always intrigued me. That's why I believe bartering should still be a thing. And don't even get me started on crypto. A thing's value is different for every single individual.

Gotta go. Need to convert some crypto to cash so I can buy some Gamestop and hopefully sell for a profit and use the cash to buy a Havoc real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    A lifetime warranty is only as good as the company- these may just be the Vortex of waders. Better buy 2 to have 1 working while the other is being fixed.
    This made me laugh pretty hard, perfectly executed.

Just when we thought boozers ego couldn't get any bigger he goes off and does a photo shoot for waders. This ain't good.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    Just when we thought boozers ego couldn't get any bigger
    Who ever thought such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    Just when we thought boozers ego couldn't get any bigger he goes off and does a photo shoot for waders. This ain't good.
    Hahaha. Didn’t I see you in a Heybo ad or two? Just busting your balls. Hope you and the family are doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Yeah but did you see the pic? Looked like a 14 year old that had just gotten his first handy…..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Yeah but did you see the pic? Looked like a 14 year old that had just gotten his first handy…..

No. Where’s it at?
    A fish bites 2 times a day, right before I get to the water, and as soon as my boat gets back on the trailer.

the success of this business will depend on how many rich morons are into duck hunting.
    Windows Down!

Somebody post the pic

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    the success of this business will depend on how many rich morons are into duck hunting.
    Jeff Farmer (White Oak) ring a bell?
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Jealousy?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    nope never heard of him. but i haven’t duck hunted much in 5-6 years so im not up to date on all the happenings. what’s special about him?
    Windows Down!

He's the latest to fix shitty spaghetti. I'm talking pretty much ketchup on overcooked noodles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    He's the latest to fix shitty spaghetti. I'm talking pretty much ketchup on overcooked noodles.
    But do you have to call your own ducks though?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

No they bend over double to wail at em dscmsc style.

Here’s the back of my head