Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Garden

How come my maters don't look like that. Those plants are huge
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

flat parsley?
    trims those flowers off
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I have, and will again soon.. those made it through last year, and all of the sage behind it. I haven't replanted sage since I built here, nor rosemary or lavender

Drduck, my beds of cherokees are all over five feet, then my misc box are all six foot high and above.. except some of those stunted looking "tidy treats".

I am doing something wrong and Yes I have had my soil tested!
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Mine is doing pretty good. Maters, sweet corn jalapeños, bell peppers cukes, squash and potato squash. I was late to the party but its going ok
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

HS, where’d you locate the black cherrys? I can’t find one anywhere. I cut back this year because of neck surgery, but the 100 or so cherokees look quite good. I caved to Mrs SaltMuck and planted 50 asparagus crowns. We’ll see how that goes…..
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

wife got black cherrys at plant sale in cola last month?
    i got a couple more in greenhouse. I'll put em in ground and let you know when to come pick em.

DrDuck--till up that soil of yours and add some "dixie mix" type compost. I grow most of my maters in straight compost. you are lacking nutrients somehow.

good luck on the stinky pee plants, SaltMuck. we have a few and its nice to go out and cut some for dinner.
    and i think i mentioned it but growing our own lettuce this spring was nice.

i have lots of maters and ready for one of them to turn red.
    i didnt get my sweet corn planted like I promised myself but its not the first time i've been disappointed.
    and I sure wish I had some fresh dolphin.

Buttercrunch lettuce was outstanding this Spring. It's still going but headed towards seed production.

We've got 10 total planted. Also 10 red romaine. They did well but not as well and grow a lot slower. We'll let 1 of each go to seed and collect them as always for next Spring.

Got plenty of herbs growing and we've had salad every day with dinner for 2 months.

Tomatoes, okra, eggplant, and peppers are taking off. Got flowers on everything but okra, no fruit yet. It won't be long.

Next batch of arugula is about 2 inches tall. It's hard to get good leaves in the Summer with them but we always get something. I left 1 to make seeds and it's almost done. We try to grow as much from seeds as we can.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JimmyD714; 05-31-2023 at 08:03 AM.

Sorry saltmuck, several busy days.. I typically don't go to Lowes often, but I ran there to grab something and saw them in the groups of their plants

20230531_093113.jpg

I'm stringing up runners for my tomatoes this morning

Get a real job, Hippie.

I do more before 6 or 7 then most, haha. It's Wednesday, I finish trucks, and try to walk out before we really open. Then chill and work in the garden, get my 18 holes in, and grill. It's my day of peace..

Wednesdays have always been kind of like a day of play here.. business owners and the sort, more so back in the day. I was pretty excited when I finally got in position to start it a few years back, I feel so grown up.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 05-31-2023 at 09:08 AM.

That's my Thursday.

One day we'll work 3 1/2 days like a dentist then we'll be real grown.

It hurts my heart when I daydream about it

Cherokee purples are baseball sized already. Hope 3" of rain won't split them all before they're ready.

i used to work a hlaf day on wednesdays and played in the dogfight and all that jazz.
    i traded it for a full day on friday and told golf to suck it.

cherokee purples are probably my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    wife got black cherrys at plant sale in cola last month?
    i got a couple more in greenhouse. I'll put em in ground and let you know when to come pick em.

DrDuck--till up that soil of yours and add some "dixie mix" type compost. I grow most of my maters in straight compost. you are lacking nutrients somehow.

good luck on the stinky pee plants, SaltMuck. we have a few and its nice to go out and cut some for dinner.
    and i think i mentioned it but growing our own lettuce this spring was nice.

i have lots of maters and ready for one of them to turn red.
    i didnt get my sweet corn planted like I promised myself but its not the first time i've been disappointed.
    and I sure wish I had some fresh dolphin.
    I been useing Stout Ollie 2th. Damn you all making me sick looking at these pics