Thread: Broad River under new management!

Default Broad River under new management!

Received this from SCNDR today as to the new biologist at Broad River, sounds like if given the support he needs that this guy will really help.

Barry Kesler has been selected as our new biologist for this area. Barry grew up in and still lives in Newberry County, so Broad River is basically in his backyard. He has a BS in Wildlife Biology from Clemson. He has worked on his family farm and has lots of agricultural and planting experience. In addition, he started work with us as a technician in 2014 and was promoted to a biologist in 2015. He is a really smart guy and works very hard. I fully expect him to embrace the challenges of Broad River and do all that he can to make it as productive as possible for waterfowl.
    Genesis 9;2

Hope to run into him up that way! Sounds like we got an upgrade!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Sounds optimistic for future years. Going to suck balls this year though unless they bait it up.

Wonder if flood depths will be dropped back down in the new management plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Hopefully he can manage the place for more than ringnecks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Hopefully he can manage the place for more than ringnecks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ringnecks AND mergansers.

Now fid he take over the other fellas position or is he hired on under him? I know they were looking for an assistant
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

i stay out of this mess....but....if I were czar, it would be such a simple fix.

Whoever is in charge has to give a shit. Prepping and planting corn in an impoundment is not that hard but doing it half-ass will yield a half ass crop. It takes a lot of inspection and maintenance along the way. IMO, it all comes down to PEOPLE and how bad they want it. All the other talk is just rhetoric....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

and i'll add....it takes PRIDE. you have to want to present a product that you are proud of.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Now fid he take over the other fellas position or is he hired on under him? I know they were looking for an assistant
    Took over the position and he will have his own assistant as well , which I believe has also been hired. We were promised a smooth transition as Andrew has been moved to be region 4 coordinator under Alisha, whom took over Dean Harrigals position.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and i'll add....it takes PRIDE. you have to want to present a product that you are proud of.
    Exactly, that pride should be manifested in seeing the hunters come to your facilities draw hunt, expressing their pleasure in conditions and the full braces on their straps. You absolutely have to take it personal. Sounds like this guy is that kind of person.
    Last edited by Strick9; 08-29-2019 at 09:45 AM.
    Genesis 9;2