Thread: Shop Build Recommendation

Default Shop Build Recommendation

Looking for someone to build a 30 x 30 metal building with concrete pad. Any recommendations. Need outwards Mountville. Thanks fellas. Possibly looking towards June/July to get it done so not a big rush just gathering information and pricing.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Gonna be expensive especially with material costs through the roof
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Gonna be expensive especially with material costs through the roof
    Oh I know.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

And take at least 6 months from signing.

I am looking at Luna Metal Buildings now out of Ashboro, NC. They do concrete pads and everything. My brother in law has one of their buildings and has no problems with it. Im looking at a 30x48. My BIL bought a 40x60.

Modular, red iron, pole barn style?

Steel frame? I got you an installer and a manufacturer. Call or text me. Andrew 704-616-4997

Steel frame definitely the way to go right now
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Going to be a metal building for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Steel frame? I got you an installer and a manufacturer. Call or text me. Andrew 704-616-4997

Steel frame definitely the way to go right now
    You've got me curious. Are you in the Charlotte area? I'd be interest in some info too.

Quote Originally Posted by quakcaller View Post
    You've got me curious. Are you in the Charlotte area? I'd be interest in some info too.
    Yes. Bessemer city. Not far from gastonia. I can help with a red iron building

Jacobs Carports out of Newberry. They are pretty good to work with and competitive on pricing.

I had a Eagle put up a couple months ago. 3 Mexicans did it. They showed up at 7am and I had coffee and snacks waiting. I fed them lunch and had drinks and water there for them all day. They finished up a little after dark. They went around with flashlights making sure they had all scraps up. They went around with silicone and sealed all the areas the trim and flashing came together. They even added some half sides to the 2 lean to sides I had put on at no charge. I couldn't be happier. It did take about 4-5 months after I signed the paperwork for them to get around to me.

I had the concrete poured by a local guy. Wish he had done as good of a job as the Mexicans.

I paid capital buildings a deposit back in October. They were just over $16k for a 30x40 with 2 12x40 lean to's. I had a buddy do the concrete. They originally told me 5-6 weeks and that if I poured my own concrete it would speed up the process. They have said "we will be there next week" for a solid month now. I'm about the most patient person in the world. My wife however isn't.

Yes. Bessemer city. Not far from gastonia. I can help with a red iron building
    I'll try to text you later today to get some info. I see in your other post you used Capital Buildings. I that your recommendation? Thanks

I paid capital buildings a deposit back in October. They were just over $16k for a 30x40 with 2 12x40 lean to's. I had a buddy do the concrete. They originally told me 5-6 weeks and that if I poured my own concrete it would speed up the process. They have said "we will be there next week" for a solid month now. I'm about the most patient person in the world. My wife however isn't.

Capitol Buildings did mine.

They were slow, missed deadlines .... with that said they were the cheapest by far and the work has held up as it is supposed to for 2 or 3 years now.

If you don't need it in a hurry then I would call capital. They are by far the cheapest. They have been a pain to deal with, or I should say diamond exteriors has been a pain to deal with. After you pay your deposit then you no longer deal with capital until final payment I would imagine. I am still waiting on mine to be put up. I'm sure the quality will be fine for what it is

If you don't need it in a hurry then I would call capital. They are by far the cheapest. They have been a pain to deal with, or I should say diamond exteriors has been a pain to deal with. After you pay your deposit then you no longer deal with capital until final payment I would imagine. I am still waiting on mine to be put up. I'm sure the quality will be fine for what it is

They definitely fall into the saying If it's fast and cheap it won't be good. If it's cheap and good, it won't be fast. If it's fast and good, it won't be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    They definitely fall into the saying If it's fast and cheap it won't be good. If it's cheap and good, it won't be fast. If it's fast and good, it won't be cheap.
    Yep. I'm a patient man. Just can't let my wife get their number. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by quakcaller View Post
    I am looking at Luna Metal Buildings now out of Ashboro, NC. They do concrete pads and everything. My brother in law has one of their buildings and has no problems with it. Im looking at a 30x48. My BIL bought a 40x60.
    Father in Law has one from Luna. He's been happy with it and it has held up well. I got a quote from them for a building not long ago. 30x40x12 with a 20' porch off the front. $20k