Thread: New to the Forum

Default New to the Forum

Evening Y'all,

Before i get my head yelled off here, i know what y'all will say and I'm not looking for everyone's or anyone's hunting spots. I got out of the Marine Corps and moved back to the upstate after 7 years away. When i left there were a few places where my brother and i could hunt ducks, but now i go back to those same places and don't see crap when it comes to ducks. What i'm trying to figure out is, would it be a waste of my time hunting public or is it better to try and hit the pavement and ask any and all land owners to see if they would allow me to hunt their land?

Head West young man.

Thank you for your service.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

This is not a hunting site anymore. More about what socks,underwear,boots and hunting jacket you wear.

I'm hoping your screen name will give me daily opportunities to quote Tombstone because that's never been done before here.

Some of these mofos on here wear skinny leg briar britches.

That new filson wading jacket they came out with is comfy as hell.. I wore it around in the store this morning. Socks this am, polo, footwear 1000 mile boots, undergarments.. Calvin Klein of course

Welcome. Good luck with ducks in public places anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Some of these mofos on here wear skinny leg briar britches.
    Haha

Somebody said something on a thread about their Filsons for rabbit hunting.
    Of all the old school rabbit hunters I know I’ve never seen one wear filson in the woods. All I’ve ever seen is Dans, Mule, Wick, or Carhartt
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

They're hunting rabbits, not ducks.. rabbit hunting isnt about grace

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I'm hoping your screen name will give me daily opportunities to quote Tombstone because that's never been done before here.
    A daisy if you do

I saw a duck once. White one. Had on a shirt but no pants.

Thought I was high till it started talking.

Howard

Donald

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Run! Run away very fast and don't look back!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Welcome to the site. You can kill ducks on public, not easy to do consistently, and not sure where you are. The site here isn’t bad you just have to weed through the BS. No one is going to help you to their public spots, private land owners granting permission is unlikely. You have an advantage potentially of being a veteran and I am sure there are a few on this site that would be happy to let you join on some hunts. As far as cold call door knocking, highly unlikely in the state of SC. If I had land and could take you I would happily do so. Thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    That new filson wading jacket they came out with is comfy as hell.. I wore it around in the store this morning. Socks this am, polo, footwear 1000 mile boots, undergarments.. Calvin Klein of course
    Dang man I've been asking for real feedback on this jacket every time it comes up. You've been holding out...

I haven't hunted in it yet, the skagit. I bought the shawdowgrass, bottom land is too cliquey.. Filson jackets typically run large, I'm a medium in them. I ordered a large in that type though just in case I needed room. It's not overly large. The inside liner feels pretty nice.. there's some extra toughness added to the arms. That's all I have right now, I just strolled around in it looking like an ass this morning