Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who wears snake protection?

Quote Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
    I am not scared of dying from a snake, it is more to keep from having a big hospital bill and possible burden on my family if I have to be in the hospital from a bite.
    Good thinking you want to mitigate that in the extremely remote chance that you are bitten by a venomous snake while hunting.

So, what brand crash helmet are you wearing in the pretty good chance that you will be involved in an automobile accident?

Chevy
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    NB 624 with tube socks.
    My niqqa

DOT approved any only 90 bucks to drastically reduce the chances of serious head injury. For your families protection of course...

Can't see the picture. So what if they want to wear snake boots? Man this place is rocking today with lunacy.
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 03-14-2019 at 02:48 PM. Reason: forgot the little smiley thingy

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

I am not questioning their choices, just their logic...

If they would simply admit that they wear snake "protection" because they soil their panties at the mere sight of a garter snake, it would be understandable.

To state you do it "for your family" or "to save on hospital bills" while not taking comparable steps to mitigate both in an infinitely more likely situation like driving every day, is worthy of 2th's scorn...

Well Wendell was talking all fast and high pitched that day we ran up on the rattler and he wears snake boots every trip now so I sorta understand I guess.

Now you are just talking crazy again and messing with me on the edits. lol
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 03-14-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    My grandfather lost his best bird dog back in the 50’s to a rattlesnake bite. They were hunting in Florence County on a fairly cold February day. The dog pointed then shortly afterwards let out a yelp and took off running. My granddad and his buddy walked up to the spot of the point and found the snake. They found the dog two days later with a severely swollen head. The doc couldn’t save him.

My granddad was devastated. He always said that was the only time in that dog’s life it pointed anything other than a quail.

THanks Tigerbdog..hunting around swamp edges is a risky business with a dog. Makes one want to just hunt the mountains for grouse in the dead of winter.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Lots of grouse in these parts this year, Nitz...

2019 season kicks off in late October if I'm not mistaken
    At least I'm housebroken.

I have been struck, and had friends and family that were bitten- I wear snake boots 50% so I DON'T HAVE TO look where my feet are going all the time and 50% for the damned briars etc

In response to the OP, I normally don’t wear snake-proof boots or chaps unless I will be hunting property I know has regular sightings of squigglies with social issues.

And because it may torque JAB and 2th, and since I need the cash, I will soon post two pairs of nice, virtually new snake boots in the TP... Danner Sharptails and leather Chippewas.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Size?

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    In response to the OP, I normally don’t wear snake-proof boots or chaps unless I will be hunting property I know has regular sightings of squigglies with social issues.

And because it may torque JAB and 2th, and since I need the cash, I will soon post two pairs of nice, virtually new snake boots in the TP... Danner Sharptails and leather Chippewas.
    What size Danner’s ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Haha wnm

I don't wear seatbelts, snake boots, flatbills, or condoms.

Gator skin > Snake Skin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone gave me a pair of Chippewas like twenty years ago, I might have worn them ten times.. and only as a fashion statement. So, I guess that's an I don't wear them.

I'm not scared of dying from a venomous snake bite. I'm scared of feeling so sick I'll wish I was dead from a venomous snake bite. I never cared for pain much. A buddy of mine nearly died from a timber rattler bite. It didn't sound like a knee-slapping good time to live through. But he was wearing snake boots is the cruel irony and got hit right above them in the muscle next to his knee cap.

How dumb would you feel if you got hit and we’re not wearing boots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk