Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Regulating Dog Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Damn I can’t believe it’s been that long. That ole boy gave it hell.
    He moved back to Alabama to take care of ailing parents. Good fit. He talked faster than he typed. He was at the infamous back room meeting at Carolina Sportsmen in Rock Hill with Charles Ruth to kick off buck limits in the low country. Ruth said a 20 year plan but it only took 19 now it will take 10 more years to dial it back 3.

The renegade bill, the IP lawsuit, GPS collars and animal controls has corrected most rogues god hunters in SC.

We are moving forward, the crazy August 15th is the next carpet bagger law we are going to repeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    He moved back to Alabama to take care of ailing parents. Good fit. He talked faster than he typed. He was at the infamous back room meeting at Carolina Sportsmen in Rock Hill with Charles Ruth to kick off buck limits in the low country. Ruth said a 20 year plan but it only took 19 now it will take 10 more years to dial it back 3.

The renegade bill, the IP lawsuit, GPS collars and animal controls has corrected most rogues god hunters in SC.

We are moving forward, the crazy August 15th is the next carpet bagger law we are going to repeal.
    Can you expand on the renegade bill and IP law suit?

Is there legal action we can take against dog hunters that can’t control their dogs consistently?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post

Is there legal action we can take against dog hunters that can’t control their dogs consistently?
    Have you not read the post by porkchop? They keep their dogs off of your property 99.9% of the time
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Hey Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Have you not read the post by porkchop? They keep their dogs off of your property 99.9% of the time
    I must have missed where he spoke on these legal actions but I am doing some googling and realize that maybe myself and others just didn’t realize there are laws in place to protect us.
    Last edited by Ghetto; 09-15-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Hello Ralph.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post

Yes, precedence is now set in SC.

https://www.sccourts.org/opinions/ht...s/coa/3580.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moving forward will be when depredation permits disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

When you realize that farming is the driving force in the Lowcountry and not "sport deer hunting" the better off you will be. August 15th isn't going anywhere and neither is depredation permits. Also you said "we are going to repeal".... are you in the house or senate now? I didn't realize you were up for election and won. The last time I checked our politicians make the laws in this great state
    Last edited by PJ1012; 09-16-2019 at 02:19 PM.

I am sure you said the same about tags and buck limits.

Where is sportin at? No new laws.

Where I live you can watch a corn pile all day, but that just isn’t my cup of tea anymore, and I have never ran dogs nor been hunting with someone who did. Maybe I’m missing out? Just doesn’t seem like something I would want to do.

I hate scouting a scrape line for a few days then watching a pack of dogs run the buck past me on the morning I finally climb the tree I chose to watch it with my bow. Regardless, I have respect for a lot of people who run dogs, but in my opinion we just need to enforce the laws that are already in place.
    A fish bites 2 times a day, right before I get to the water, and as soon as my boat gets back on the trailer.

Where is sportin at? No new laws.

Where I live you can watch a corn pile all day, but that just isn’t my cup of tea anymore, and I have never ran dogs nor been hunting with someone who did. Maybe I’m missing out? Just doesn’t seem like something I would want to do.

I hate scouting a scrape line for a few days then watching a pack of dogs run the buck past me on the morning I finally climb the tree I chose to watch it with my bow. Regardless, I have respect for a lot of people who run dogs, but in my opinion we just need to enforce the laws that are already in place.

I am sure you said the same about tags and buck limits.

That BS was put in place for people like yourself to make you feel accomplished and feel good about yourselves. Its called "quiet money". Just as many deer are killed in the LC as before the tags. Processors will tell you they are just as busy. "Sport hunting" does not drive the economy jack leg, agriculture does. So answer the question big guy. Are you in the house or senate?

We the people are the government. Farmers can figure out shooting bucks 31 day before bucks does not save peanuts and beans from large doe groups.

CWD will continue to spread and a more scientific approach to deer management will occur.

We the people are the government. Farmers can figure out shooting bucks 31 day before bucks does not save peanuts and beans from large doe groups.

CWD will continue to spread and a more scientific approach to deer management will occur.
    So what you're telling me is you didn't get voted in the house or senate so we're back to square one. Politicians make the laws in this great state, not Bigtimber2, or PJ1012, or Charles Ruth. The faster you realize that everything that deals with the Whitetail deer in the LC in generated around agriculture. Hence why Farm Bureau stepped in and made sure we got 2 extra tags for buying 4 doe tags. You're exactly right on the does. That's why we shoot them all summer long to manage them and keep them in check. Agriculture is a $42 billion industry in SC which is the largest in the state. Sport deer hunting is way down the list. Good try on the CWD.... there have been ZERO cases of it confirmed in SC. I wouldn't call it a problem.

Look there is nothing you can explain to me about the dynamics of deer hunting in SC.

Stick to naming turkeys.

Look there is nothing you can explain to me about the dynamics of deer hunting in SC.

Stick to naming turkeys.
    In other words you have zero argument to agriculture being a $42 billion industry in SC and no comparison to our beloved nuisance the whitetail deer and sport deer hunting..... got it. The only thing you have is stick to naming turkeys. Also for the record I don't shoot small deer so I'm not in the shoot everything crowd. Most farmers I know don't shoot little bucks either so good try on that as well. I don't like be regulated on something that has worked for over 75 years in this state for a few QDMA members that are under the delusion that SC will produce 150 inch deer on the reg. Because if you believe that, you sir are a dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    .... are you in the house or senate now? I didn't realize you were up for election and won. The last time I checked our politicians make the laws in this great state
    No he isn't, but we do have one running around here somewhere. Most likely he is out at his
    dove field blowing up his 25ft tall inflatable doll
    Last edited by ecu1984; 09-16-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Slow down Scooter you are gonna get your limit of strawmen in one day.

i just cant believe yall let Ghetto bait you on a years old thread....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.