Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tractor?

I bought a John Deere 3038E with loader two months ago. I bought a package deal. There isn’t anything wrong with a package deal. I wanted a sub compact tractor to get into small areas but still be able to work bigger areas. The 3038 is perfect for what I wanted.

I bought a 7 1/2’ disc, finish mower and a two row planter separate. Mine came with a box blade, bush hog, and trailer. It does everything I need it to do. Only time I wish I had a bigger tractor is when doing something a bigger tractor should be doing which isn’t often for me. Sure a bigger tractor will pull my disc faster but it works and does a good job at it.
    Last edited by b-stick; 10-21-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Case. Great machines and Wesley at Carolina Agripower will beat the brakes off the John Deere man also.

I'm happy with our Kubota L3901. I strongly encourage you to drive to newberry, I won't ever do business with the dealership in west Columbia again VERY bad experience.
    Last edited by MediaGuy; 10-21-2019 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Wrong model number

Don't understand why people always insist on a 'higher' (relative term) HP, expensive tractor to do some food plot work. First, it all depends on your budget and what your goals are for the property. That being said, we have a 40 HP 2WD New Holland (doesn't even have hydraulic hook ups or a roof, gasp...) with a 500lb weight kit on the front. We plant a total of about 8 acres (mixture of sand and clay with some decent topography) with a spreader, 6ft heavy disc, 6ft cultipacker, 6ft HD bushhog and have not had a single issue with needing more power (PTO or overall) to get the job done, and I would put our food plots up against any out there done with much 'nicer' equipment. Our tractor is easy to maintain and has very little that can break and/or cause issues and our tractor cost us about $10,000 used.

Would it be nice every once in a while to have an A/C cab, bucket or 4-in-1 bucket? Sure, but we have done just fine without them and we saved thousands of dollars by keeping it simple.
    Last edited by dubs; 10-21-2019 at 09:26 AM.
    Formerly DM88

I have about 40 acres of fields and use an old 45hp Longs tractor and it does fine. The only implements I regularly use are a box blade, disc, bush hog and 3 point spreader. I even put the spreader on a 18hp lawn tractor most of the time just for the fact that I can fit it on a four wheeler trailer and it’s easy to move in small areas. If you can buy a 75hp with a cab than I would but you can get by with a 45 or 50 hp tractor just fine for a lot of applications.

I am man enough to handle the heat, but the yellow jackets make me want a cab!

I have a 29hp Mahindra...bought it at Hartleys. It’s been a beast, very reliable, and does things I never thought it would handle. Mitsubishi engine, easy to service.
    G

Don't ever trust government. Don't ever trust this sick society. Don't ever trust that law enforcement can protect you when you need it. -Duck Tape

Bought a Kubota 3901 a couple years ago and I have been pleased. I drove to greenwood and got a very good deal from dealer.

I’ve got a kubuta L3901 as my smaller tractor. It’s hard to beat
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I have operated Ford, JD, Long, and Kubota. That little Kubota was the toughest "little" tractor I have been on. If I were to buy one tomorrow that is the one.

Wilson's Newberry is the best
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Kubotas run on queefs.

We have a New Holland. We got a cab. My 72 year old father thanks me on the regular for insisting on a cab.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    JD dealership in Ridge Spring have tractors that just came of lease to peach farmers. Typically 250 hours on them. Fully serviced when turned back in. You get the reduced price, remaining interest free financing, and warranty.
    This is true ...And Wilson's in Newberry has Kubota's in from the same rent and setup.
    Last edited by Swift Strike; 10-21-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Second the jd 50-55
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Always look at what the tracto weighs
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

I stretched my budget a hair and found a low hour 5203 56hp. No frills, no BS, but it does have a canopy. If youre not doing swamp work I see no need whatever for 4wd. Weight is key.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    We have a New Holland. We got a cab. My 72 year old father thanks me on the regular for insisting on a cab.
    ^^^^This.

Also, the two things more important than the brand are:

1. A hydrostatic transmission

2. Adjustable wheel spacing.

Alot of smaller tractors don't have those options..

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 10-21-2019 at 06:05 PM.

A quick hitch is a very nice thing to have
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Wheel spacing, absolutely. But F a hydrostatic transmission.