Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where would they have been had this not have happened

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    no one cares when you are cheating and losing, so move along
    you do have a point there ecu6+
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Bullsh*t! The culture off cheating was so engrained that the Klimpsux students wore T-shirts bragging about it.
    You do realize that Danny stayed after Clemson was put on probation, right? He was forced to resign over the building of athletic dorms. All major football schools were building them, and the NCAA was considering not allowing them. Clemson told Danny that we were going to wait on the NCAA's decision before building them, and Danny went on the state IPTAY circuit and told boosters that Clemson would have them. Regardless of your position in this world, rallying people against your boss is frowned upon. The roster that Danny turned over to Hatfield was flat ass loaded.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

How many different ways can we make a conversation devolve to Clemp vs. South Carolina?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    How many different ways can we make a conversation devolve to Clemp vs. South Carolina?
    Wait was that not what this conversation was about to begin with?

I get what your saying though it doesn’t matter what the topic is the same ones say the same things. It’s like the same conversation over and over.

It wasn't replacing Coach Ford that was the challenge. It was replacing BC Inabinet. Took decades but they finally got back with the program...

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Wait was that not what this conversation was about to begin with?

I get what your saying though it doesn’t matter what the topic is the same ones say the same things. It’s like the same conversation over and over.
    You're right, and you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It wasn't replacing Coach Ford that was the challenge. It was replacing BC Inabinet. Took decades but they finally got back with the program...
    Yep. Ol" BC was a big one. You recon the bus idea came from him?

I can tell ya. the Clemson band marched out with a sign saying "Still on Probation and Still Kickin' Ass".

Are you sure that is the "real" reason Danny was "let go"? Do you know many boosters that have 1981 Championship rings? I know one. He had pictures of Herschel at his pool. In fact, the famous Trans Am came from him. The Frig came by to get paid on a regular basis as well.

IPTAY circuit is made for corruption.

TPrice, yes everybody does cheat. I have heard Georgia fans say Richt wouldn't allow that because of his Christian beliefs...same with Dabo. Anybody that believes that is an idiot.

Didn’t Ford flip the ADs desk over and have a hissy fit and was fired after that?

Idk about that, but the athletic dorms weren’t the tipping point.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    I can tell ya. the Clemson band marched out with a sign saying "Still on Probation and Still Kickin' Ass".

Are you sure that is the "real" reason Danny was "let go"? Do you know many boosters that have 1981 Championship rings? I know one. He had pictures of Herschel at his pool. In fact, the famous Trans Am came from him. The Frig came by to get paid on a regular basis as well.

IPTAY circuit is made for corruption.

TPrice, yes everybody does cheat. I have heard Georgia fans say Richt wouldn't allow that because of his Christian beliefs...same with Dabo. Anybody that believes that is an idiot.
    I am not going to argue right or wrong, but I bet every single D1 program does it. Is it right, I do not know. Is it against the rules, yup. Why point fingers at Danny Ford, or Old miss or however many teams paid can Newton? If you follow college sports, your team has done it and probably still does. If you want to be competitive, it is what it is.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Hell this may be a surprise but ALL of them did this back then, does that make it right. NO but they were only ones that got caught.

Throw this part of it out of the equation , just pure coaching and recruiting.
    That's the NFL. And no team stays a dynasty forever in pro football. So to answer your question, Ford and Morrison would've eventually been gone anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    "Everybody is doing it" is not that correct answer.

Clemson fans always say that to justify their actions.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Read what I said dumb ass, TAKE that part out of it.

Never said it was an “excuse” and you are a complete idiot if you think they ALL were not doing stuff. Never agreed with that part of it

For you U5C/Bama fans

September 1994: NCAA delivers official letter of inquiry accusing Alabama of rules violations under Stallings, including allowing Langham to play during the 1993 season and lack of institutional control.

August 1995: In its first-ever NCAA penalty for rules violations, Alabama is placed on probation for three years, banned from a bowl appearance, ordered to give up 26 scholarships over three years and forced to foreit eight victories from 1993.

If I am correct Philip Fulmer at UT was one that turned them in

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Never said it was an “excuse” and you are a complete idiot if you think they ALL were not doing stuff. Never agreed with that part of it

There you go again......with the everybody is/was doing it bs.

You are the idiot if you think you are fooling anyone.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 11-09-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    There you go again......with the everybody is/was doing it bs.

You are the idiot if you think you are fooling anyone.

Insert one of those mushroom cloud pics right about here