Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Principles are a hell of a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    y'all are fucking insufferable
    If there is one thing I can agree on 100%, this is it.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    The fact that it’s something you agree with is insignificant. Next time it might be guns, or something else you don’t agree with.

Turn this around and ask what would the world look like right now if trump were President and mandating these same vaccines? The country would be on fire from coast to coast and you know it.

Sometimes you stand on principle regardless of you thoughts on the subject at hand.

I don’t care if the government was mandating that I buy cupcakes for every one of my employees every week. A, they do not have that authority. B, The undue burden of recordkeeping, administration, and infrastructure cost that it would take to pull this off is too great.

Besides, cupcakes cause diabetes. Some folks don’t like cupcakes. Some folks are allergic to chocolate. But as we know, rules are rules. Eat a fucking cupcake
    I like cupcakes but ain't nobody gonna make me eat one.

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Emotional anecdotal data proves or provides nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    Say it louder for the people who didn’t hear you the last time you said this. Except you added “emotional” to this statement.

Some of you wanna say something just to say something.
    Every thread should include these disclaimers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    Its just how I feel and it seems many feel the same way.
    listen, I agree with you (in principle). I just want to be clear on your reasoning.
    did you get vaccines as a kid?
    I see the hypocrisy. Trust me.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    No not at all what I am saying.

I was asking for the people who are anti vaccine, should they become sick, would their mind change about not getting the vaccine, based on the numbers currently of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated. To me the numbers just lean towards this severely effecting those that are not vaccinated.
    I know several people last week who changed their mind and got the vaccine after having family members die or become severely sick and hospitalized. I thought I was going to lose a first cousin and a friend last week who were both healthy individuals. Another family member who we thought was getting better went into cardiac arrest and passed away yesterday morning. I got the shot this morning. All of my friends and family members have gotten the vaccine so there was no point in me holding out any longer. I had the first Covid strain in April and it was rough on me and I thought I was going to have to be hospitalized. If this strain is any worse I don’t think my parents want to bury their 27 year old son.

Also just to add, I’m against any mandate whatsoever. This should be a personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    listen, I agree with you (in principle). I just want to be clear on your reasoning.
    did you get vaccines as a kid?
    I see the hypocrisy. Trust me.
    No problem. I'm sure I got the rrquired shots when I was a toddler. But they weren't rushed experimental drugs that I know of. I don't really have an issue with immunizations in the normal sense but this shitshow going on with the covid risk is just stupid. Contradictory "Facts" on both sides, yes people are dying from it, no doubt about it but damn, get the facts straight and administer the vaccine in a consistent manner across the board. All this threatening and division is BS

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I know several people last week who changed their mind and got the vaccine after having family members die or become severely sick and hospitalized. I thought I was going to lose a first cousin and a friend last week who were both healthy individuals. Another family member who we thought was getting better went into cardiac arrest and passed away yesterday morning. I got the shot this morning. All of my friends and family members have gotten the vaccine so there was no point in me holding out any longer. I had the first Covid strain in April and it was rough on me and I thought I was going to have to be hospitalized. If this strain is any worse I don’t think my parents want to bury their 27 year old son.

Also just to add, I’m against any mandate whatsoever. This should be a personal choice.
    So, if you had the first CV19 strain, did you not build anti-bodies? If this new variant is transmissible to those that are vaxx'd and un-vaxx'd does the vax work? If you don't get it, is it the vax or your body's own immune system that is protecting you now. I had CV19 back in January/February of 2020 after an outbreak at Duke when Emily and I were there, the whole family did. We rode it out because no one knew what to do, never got tested because by the time we knew what was happening we were over it. My new wife contracted it in April of 2021 and had a pretty rough time with it, my boy and I also got it again and it was much easier, just some headaches and loss of taste and smell. Do we need the vax if our immune systems have now built anti-bodies? I ask this because no one seems to know the answer. Do you get a shot that may mess all that up or does it boost it?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Should people on unemployment be forced to get the shot to get a check? Should people on assistance be forced to get the shot to receive assistance?
    That’s two different issue. Government mandate vs private business decision. Don’t confuse the two. Two totally separate issues and area of law.

The government is pushing the mandate via private business, its not totally separate

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    No problem. I'm sure I got the rrquired shots when I was a toddler. But they weren't rushed experimental drugs that I know of. I don't really have an issue with immunizations in the normal sense but this shitshow going on with the covid risk is just stupid. Contradictory "Facts" on both sides, yes people are dying from it, no doubt about it but damn, get the facts straight and administer the vaccine in a consistent manner across the board. All this threatening and division is BS
    follow me here...its a winding road.

You have decided to say "it was rushed." Many can argue against that quite convincingly. Did you know its the most studied vaccine in history? while its a shitshow, you're just looking for convenient excuses not to believe certain data. If you werent trying to prove a point, you would've already gotten vaccinated. Its like you're coming up with excuses after the fact to support your previous stance. So, now you're at the point that, if you get vaccinated, you are somehow caving to The Man?

you arent gonna win now and I think getting the vaccine would've been a good move but now you've brought "principles" into it....

get me?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Frank's correct. Woodiewacker's question is a valid one.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    So, if you had the first CV19 strain, did you not build anti-bodies? If this new variant is transmissible to those that are vaxx'd and un-vaxx'd does the vax work? If you don't get it, is it the vax or your body's own immune system that is protecting you now. I had CV19 back in January/February of 2020 after an outbreak at Duke when Emily and I were there, the whole family did. We rode it out because no one knew what to do, never got tested because by the time we knew what was happening we were over it. My new wife contracted it in April of 2021 and had a pretty rough time with it, my boy and I also got it again and it was much easier, just some headaches and loss of taste and smell. Do we need the vax if our immune systems have now built anti-bodies? I ask this because no one seems to know the answer. Do you get a shot that may mess all that up or does it boost it?
    I still have antibodies but if what they’re saying is true about they only last 6 months I’m at the tail end of it. I wish I knew what the correct answer was. The only reason I went and got the vaccine is because my mom was getting worried about it. After having several friends and family members pass away from the second strain and how hard the first one hit me I figured I had nothing to lose. Oddly enough after 5 months I still don’t have all of my sense of smell back.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I still have antibodies but if what they’re saying is true about they only last 6 months I’m at the tail end of it. I wish I knew what the correct answer was. The only reason I went and got the vaccine is because my mom was getting worried about it. After having several friends and family members pass away from the second strain and how hard the first one hit me I figured I had nothing to lose. Oddly enough after 5 months I still don’t have all of my sense of smell back.
    Neither do I after the second round. Pity too, can't smell my own farts though the family tells me they aren't pleasant, especially in the car. I just ride blissfully ignorant of the stench.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

The legality of the government doing the mandate vs a private business mandating is totally different. That’s my point.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    The legality of the government doing the mandate vs a private business mandating is totally different. That’s my point.
    And that would be correct but is that what is happening?

Guy that's been with us since 2004 lost in 6 year old granddaughter Sunday.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    follow me here...its a winding road.

You have decided to say "it was rushed." Many can argue against that quite convincingly. Did you know its the most studied vaccine in history? while its a shitshow, you're just looking for convenient excuses not to believe certain data. If you werent trying to prove a point, you would've already gotten vaccinated. Its like you're coming up with excuses after the fact to support your previous stance. So, now you're at the point that, if you get vaccinated, you are somehow caving to The Man?

you arent gonna win now and I think getting the vaccine would've been a good move but now you've brought "principles" into it....

get me?
    You may be right, I do believe it was rushed, seems everyone said it would be years before it was ready then everyone was surprised when it was rolled out. The it was rolled out as "emergency use", its hard for me to believe it was the most studied vaccine if of the 3 only one has FDA approval at this point after millions of people have taken it. But it doesnt really matter, this is just discussion on the internet, I'll probably get it sooner or later, honestly I make too much money here to walk away from it this close to retirement, hence the original post about sacrificing my principles for my financial security.

Depends if the business has more than 100 employees or falls under the executive branch. If one works at the CDC or the FDA or large business yes that’s what happening. If an employee works for a business outside the Biden executive order that’s not what’s happening.

You must be a lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Neither do I after the second round. Pity too, can't smell my own farts though the family tells me they aren't pleasant, especially in the car. I just ride blissfully ignorant of the stench.
    My father used to destroy us in the car as kids. Smelled worse than grouse or turkey guts.