Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transport

Default Transport

Tried to do some digging but figured I’d just come here and try and get the answer. I know there has been a lot of changes due to CWD. Does deer meat have to be deboned transporting from Alabama to SC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the NC rule book Alabama is not a CWD cervid state, so the meat does not need to be deboned. No clue on SC rules though. DNR should be able to answer that question. Any out of state processor I’ve ever used will gladly give you overnight skinning and processing service for an extra $50 though. Drop your deer off that night, go pick up packaged meat the next morning. Transport packaged meat home in a cooler. Damn riding all the way home with quarters sloshing around in ice

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    According to the NC rule book Alabama is not a CWD cervid state, so the meat does not need to be deboned. No clue on SC rules though. DNR should be able to answer that question. Any out of state processor I’ve ever used will gladly give you overnight skinning and processing service for an extra $50 though. Drop your deer off that night, go pick up packaged meat the next morning. Transport packaged meat home in a cooler. Damn riding all the way home with quarters sloshing around in ice
    Good info!

You don’t have to debone the meat, even it’s it’s from a CWD state. The only thing you can’t bring back is the spinal column and/or the head. Cut the back straps and tenderloins out and quarter the deer. Cut the rack off if it’s a buck and make sure there is no brain matter in the bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Check with GA too, I dont know if they have any transport laws. When Im coming back from WV I have to debone or completely circumvent NC.

Feet down, deer coming out of kansas must be deboned. I saw wardens in Missouri and Illinois sitting on bridges and on ramps looking for hunters with coolers in the back of trucks.

https://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunting/C...regulation-map

Quote Originally Posted by turk View Post
    Feet down, deer coming out of kansas must be deboned. I saw wardens in Missouri and Illinois sitting on bridges and on ramps looking for hunters with coolers in the back of trucks.
    Preciate that info. Didn’t think about traveling through states.

Which brings up an interesting question. If I’ve got a quartered up deer in a cooler in the bed of my truck, covered by a locked Retraxx cover. Can they legally search it without my permission?

Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

When did the rules change? The part about the deboning?

CWD May have changed all that but I know for a fact for a long time you just couldn’t bring the spinal column or any brain matter.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    . Any out of state processor I’ve ever used will gladly give you overnight skinning and processing service for an extra $50 though. Drop your deer off that night, go pick up packaged meat the next morning. Transport packaged meat home in a cooler. Damn riding all the way home with quarters sloshing around in ice
    truth. Especially if you are staying a week and take multiple deer. Keeping multiple deer on ice all week and the drive home. Not worth it. Just call around before you go and find a processor in the area that will do this, don't wait till you knock one down.
    Last edited by duckz; 01-06-2020 at 01:32 PM.

What with all the prions and nematodes, y'all still eating wild deer?

I just want somebody to answer my question.....

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Preciate that info. Didn’t think about traveling through states.

Which brings up an interesting question. If I’ve got a quartered up deer in a cooler in the bed of my truck, covered by a locked Retraxx cover. Can they legally search it without my permission?
    Only if their trusty K9 sits, stands, walks, runs, licks his balls, licks your balls, or otherwise "alerts"...

DNR LEO is going in the cooler.

They can’t see a cooler though. It’s under my bed cover.....

they cant search under your bed cover.

happy now?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

$10 says if they want to search it they will.

i was just shutting him up. I have no clue the legality....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Lol
    Back on topic, about that coozie Tater.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"