Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about surveyors

Quality of work is directly proportional to survey-suh intake.

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    Surveyors that have time to hangout or come out of the woods for lunch certainly aren't worth a durn....change my mind.
    Typical tunnel vision.

When the guys that would normally spend their time at Zorba’s are out in the field instead of at Zorba’s......well, read that to your wife and have her explain to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Quality of work is directly proportional to survey-suh intake.
    So true.

I have also noticed if the tool of choice is a machete to cut lines out, then there also a strong chance of sub standard work.... kinda like a 2" or 5" gun, just why bother...
    Last edited by BRR; 10-23-2020 at 04:32 PM.

I use a drip torch to “cut line” so I can’t help you there.

the only ones I ever met were from Florida that carried machetes.. and they never wanted to leave the gun

haha @ Tater

Zorbas cheeseburgers are the truth.

Steak sandwich is where it’s at.

Yep. That too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Steak sandwich is where it’s at.
    Amen to that. My office used to be right up Laurens Rd. Went there all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    Surveyors that have time to hangout or come out of the woods for lunch certainly aren't worth a durn....change my mind.
    Bring your crew up here and we will go toe to toe. I’ll change your mind quick

Machete are for the weak armed, lazy surveyor that really doesn't want to carry in the needed tools. Machete are mostly good for vines, but a well sharpened bush hook or ditch bank blade in knowledgeable hands, will make quick work of most anything in their path. Plus, i consider it a "multi-tool". I would not leave the truck without one.

As for the quality of the supposed surveyor.... i do not have the time to discuss that rabbit hole, but to be quick about it.... Know who you are hiring! There is a major difference from one to another.

Yeah there are good ones and bad ones like anything. Overall I think technology has aloud the younger generation to get around a lot of the field work involved. I’ve seen properties that were “surveyed” without a single line chopped or marked only corner pins. Pretty poor in my opinion.
    More Ducks, Less People

I've hired a lot of surveyors at locations around the south, best I ever worked with are from Jenkinsville strangely enough.....
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

Sometimes surveyors just have bad eyes. Or perhaps their safety gargles fog up.

Quote Originally Posted by hylandersc1 View Post
    I've hired a lot of surveyors at locations around the south, best I ever worked with are from Jenkinsville strangely enough.....
    They are solid...

Quote Originally Posted by hylandersc1 View Post
    Those guys are top shelf for sure. I’ve followed their work and NEVER been even remotely disappointed.

They ain't skeered to mark a clear line. I can identify their work off an interstate while driving 80mph at a glance...

Although......I called them once and asked for a plat because having see the property I KNEW they had surveyed it. They wouldn’t give it to me because they felt they should be doing the survey instead of me. I knew the real estate agent and I knew the buyer so they asked me to do it. The guy was nice and apologetic, but said “you can call me tomorrow and I’ll give you anything you want, but I feel I should be doing this work so I’m not going to give it to you”.........

So I took him as a man of his word and called him back the next day and asked for a copy of the same plat

The plat wasn’t referenced in any deed, but it was drawn on the GIS so I went to the mapping boy and explained to him that it was in his best interest to hand over a copy of the plat, lol.