Thread: Murder Charge

Default Murder Charge

Former MPD Officer Derek Chauvin In Custody, Charged With Murder In George Floyd’s Death

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/for...b7Kz&ocid=iehp
    Last edited by everlast; 05-29-2020 at 02:15 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I’m actually glad they didn’t go for 1st degree I don’t think that would have stuck.

No charges for the other cops? This wasn’t a split second shooting where there was no time for them to intervene. They watched the cop killing the guy and did nothing, and the one even prevented the bystanders from stepping in. Maybe they will come in the next few days. I won’t hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    No charges for the other cops? This wasn’t a split second shooting where there was no time for them to intervene. They watched the cop killing the guy and did nothing, and the one even prevented the bystanders from stepping in. Maybe they will come in the next few days. I won’t hold my breath.
    Article says theirs is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Agreed. They should all get the same charge, actually. When multiple people rob and bank and an innocent person gets killed in the process, don't all the criminals get charged the same? If so, how's this different, if not worse?

There will be looting and burning in celebration tonight.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Reckless disregard for human life, depraved indifference, felony murder.

I had the news on when I was in my office today, and I hate the news. That cop murdered that guy, and the guy was handcuffed. Regardless of color, it is murder and it is wrong.

One thing I found interesting is that NBC had roughly 25 minutes of video that they pieced together to show the incident from beginning to end. All except for the 4 minutes when there was a car blocking their view and the person commenting just brushed over the fact that “there seemed to be a struggle”.

Again, the cop is wrong and will be held accountable, but it seems the more technology we have, the harder it is to know the truth.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

So apparently there are two different demonstrations scheduled for downtown Columbia tomorrow.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Think the prosecutor had advanced knowledge of the toxicology report and overcharged him by design?

I feel the cop was in the wrong and he should pay the price for it. There is a lot of info floating around online ( true or not, idk) that seems to indicate Floyd was a pretty decent guy by most standards and was involved in some sort of church/work program for a couple years

Is there no video evidence at all yet of how it played out prior to his ending up on the ground?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Reckless disregard for human life, depraved indifference, felony murder.
    Yep, the depraved indifference is the big part. Always charge with wiggle room to adjust downwards. Glad to see them doing this.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Now- it comes out they both worked as nightclub security at the same club throughout 2019(the cop worked at that bar for 17 straight years)- no way possible they didn't know each other. Possible personal retribution handed out by a badge.
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 05-30-2020 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Now- it comes out they both worked as nightclub security at the same club throughout 2019(the cop worked at that bar for 17 straight years)- no way possible they didn't know each other
    Interesting

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    I feel the cop was in the wrong and he should pay the price for it. There is a lot of info floating around online ( true or not, idk) that seems to indicate Floyd was a pretty decent guy by most standards and was involved in some sort of church/work program for a couple years

Is there no video evidence at all yet of how it played out prior to his ending up on the ground?
    I understand your question, but how would that matter? Dude was no longer a threat to anyone.

I'm traveling right now with a former FBI, and current part-time cop in a large city in OH. His day job is a high up manager for a Fortune 100 company.

Anyways, he gets his kicks out of using his badge to "bust heads" when needed. So we talked about this situation at length during lunch yesterday. His perspective is it doesn't matter what happened before the cuffs went on and the situation controlled. The video shows no struggle and the cop was way out of line.