View Poll Results: Which deal would you rather have?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5% rate reduction plus $1000

28 45.16%
  • 12% rate reduction

34 54.84%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: SCANA

Quote Originally Posted by Trail'nTree View Post
    You do realize Fukashima was a boiling water reactor built by General Electric vs the Westinghouse designed pressurized water reactor, but I guess everyone is an expert and believes everything in the news!
    I don't care about the reactor. I was agreeing with his criticism of unlicensed engineers. The balancing a checkbook comment was good too.

You sir are a genius, that would be the ideal situation. SCE&G is already one of the lowest paying utilities in the country, people will then leave for sure. If plants are not producing power then power delivery is purchasing off of the grid. If you are worried about rates now, you will be crying then. Maybe you should move to California, they seem to share many of the same thoughts as you and are not only paying out the ass now, but the CPUC is about stick it to them with the new rate hikes because they are shutting more plants down and will purchase off the grid.
    This is highly speculative. Scare tactics really. You seem pretty emotional about this. Do you work for SCE&G?

If we're going to play the crystal ball game, it seems more likely to me that if this utility fails and power delivery is put out to bid, prices are more likely to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    This is highly speculative. Scare tactics really. You seem pretty emotional about this. Do you work for SCE&G?

If we're going to play the crystal ball game, it seems more likely to me that if this utility fails and power delivery is put out to bid, prices are more likely to fall.
    That's why prices triple during peak demand times, right? If there is less available, then you prices go down? You're a damn genius Gump!
    Originally posted by scfisherman143: "we mostly have woodies and teal but today we had workable big ducks allot of them ringnecks buffleheads redheads teal woodies it was amazing\"<br /><br />Another brilliant future duck hunter in the making

What does peak have to do with this?

Nothing.

What is the current Dominion rate in VA vs the rate for an SCE&G ratepayer

I’m a expert on reactors, please direct all questions to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    I’m a expert on reactors, please direct all questions to me.

Why in fuck are we not building molten salt reactors instead of these old ass bullshit reactors Westinghouse was pushing?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Why in fuck are we not building molten salt reactors instead of these old ass bullshit reactors Westinghouse was pushing?
    Can’t weld salt, they leak all the time , especially the ones SCEG owns . When you 9 billion in the hole , got to cut corners

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    To be honest, in theory these are a lot more efficient, but since they are breeder reactors the by products can used in weapons grade applications, which presents a security issue. The biggest concern however is they produce fast neutrons and do not have shielding affect from water like in a light water reactor, which causes a high rate of neutron embrittlement to core and other primary components. I went to a SMR (small modular reactor) conference two years ago in Canada, and there are several companies that are trying to perfect this technology. You realize this is technology is from the 50's and there is a reason why it is not being used. I do think the only cost effective way nuclear hangs around is the SMR's unless natural gas beings to go up in price, or maybe after the Korean Reactors in UAE or the Westinghouse reactors in China come online, large base unit plants will be more cost effective to build.
    Originally posted by scfisherman143: "we mostly have woodies and teal but today we had workable big ducks allot of them ringnecks buffleheads redheads teal woodies it was amazing\"<br /><br />Another brilliant future duck hunter in the making

There's a reactor on every submarine in the Navy and most ships.

To say that technology and that reactor size couldn't be implemented for cities seems crazy.

You realize this is technology is from the 50's and there is a reason why it is not being used.
    I do, and I believe that it is more political and stubbornness than science. I, of course, defer to your hands on knowledge and am jealous that I was not at that conference. MSR's were proven, at Oak Ridge if I remember correctly. We seriously need to have a program today, working on them. As far as by products and weapons grade material, we have more of it stored at SRS than the Soviet Union produced in their entire history, which pretty much makes South Carolina one of the most powerful countries on the planet, next time we decide to secede...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    There's a reactor on every submarine in the Navy and most ships.

To say that technology and that reactor size couldn't be implemented for cities seems crazy.
    Ain't it though? $$$$SCANA$$$$DUKE$$$$$Peabody Coal$$$$$$ENRON$$$$$

Heck man. Most aircraft carriers have TWO!

You know. Just in case.

We tried to build an airplane with a reactor out in Idaho back in the day. Don't tell me that we shouldn't be running most of our power needs off nuke. But all those rail cars full of coal and fancy pants board members with their golden parachutes sitting on hydro boards and such...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Heck man. Most aircraft carriers have TWO!

You know. Just in case.
    Enterprise has 8 if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    In the morning be first up, and in the evening last to go to bed, for they that sleep catch no fish. ><)))*>

Quote Originally Posted by xtremeduty View Post
    Enterprise has 8 if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That MF’er oughta run like a cigarette boat then!
    cut\'em

Vogtle and Sumner was supposed to be a modular design. Prefabricated pipe and components. Guess what not a damn thing bolted together or fit. This is the cost overruns and years behind. CBI was fabbing pipe in Mississippi and shipping truckloads to Vogtle, no certs with pipe and couldn’t produce them. In the scrap pile goes the pipe and another month behind . It didn’t take long to be years behind with major screw ups. Is this all on SCEG, I beg to differ, they and Toshiba was at the mercy of the vendors, contractors. because they already got paid for their services and now going to get paid again to remake it on OT. Now add the Union Workers , the laziest and job protected workers in the US. They will drag a 5minute job 2weeks. See it everyday. I pretty sure Scana want the nukes built, but they had a ass of help to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    That MF’er oughta run like a cigarette boat then!
    When Scotty can keep them online, she warps like a beast...

Kirk knew how to by God get things done.
    Last edited by Glenn; 02-07-2018 at 05:23 PM.