Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Masks after immunity

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...EtlG0OO0-wBj4g

interesting update from the CDC yesterday.

in a nutshell, it says if you've had the vaccine, you dont have to quarantine if you are exposed to the virus (unless you get symptoms) but you still need to mask and social distance. A "doctor" in the article is loosely quoted as saying "this makes sense."

I'm not a doctor....or a vet....but does this make sense?

So, you dont have to worry if you come in contact with someone who has COVID, but you still gotta wear a mask and social distance? How can those two things be said in the same breath. It makes very little sense to me. It saying "you cant catch COVID post vaccine but you still gotta pretend like you can?"

I'm so confused....
    They are making slow steps to being logical. If they go “full logic” on the public at one time, heads will explode. I expect over the next 6 months there will be changes like this until it goes back to some essence of normal.

i hope so...

I just ordered a case of latex gloves. i plan to spread peanut butter on them and wipe everyone out. gloves are silly expensive right now....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

i hope so...

I just ordered a case of latex gloves. i plan to spread peanut butter on them and wipe everyone out. gloves are silly expensive right now....
    The most technical thing I do now is only get two out of a box at one time. I’m pretty sure they tie them in knots at the factory so 15 come out every time you pull one out. 56 bucks for a box. We have a diminished supply because of the increased demand of idiots who wear them to a grocery store or pump gas thinking they will avoid germs.

yep. i found a wad of gloves stuck together in the middle of a box of 300 and took five minutes to try to salvage as many as I could out of there.

I am honestly going back to latex. cheaper. i have a sign in each of my rooms warning the patient to remind me of any allergy issues.

Y'all do know that some people take being left in waiting rooms alone as a sign that they are supposed to help themselves to a handful of gloves, right?

Oh great...

President Biden visited the National Institutes of Health complex on Thursday and he spoke about the U.S. vaccine supply and his goals for the rollout, but he also indicated that mask-wearing will likely be a reality for the next year. He said that wearing the mask "though the next year" can save a significant number of lives.

Sharon Peacock, the director of the COVID-19 Genomics UK consortium, said that there are growing concerns that virus mutations will slow the process. "I think, looking in the future, we’re going to be doing this for years. We’re still going to be doing this 10 years down the line in my view," she said, according to Reuters.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...ough-next-year

So buy stock in mask making companies?

i have seen three vaccinated people wearing two masks today.

Fauci came out and said trump was responsible for the half million deaths.

and i read something about "returning to normal" around christmas? WTH WTH WTH What is normal and why are we waiting so damn long????

Am I going crazy or is the world?
    Yes, this all could've been caused by elephant lightning.

I went to a mask free church service sunday.

I dont wear one unless absolutely am forced to

I DAMN sure ain't wearin TWO
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

i have seen three vaccinated people wearing two masks today.

Fauci came out and said trump was responsible for the half million deaths.

and i read something about "returning to normal" around christmas? WTH WTH WTH What is normal and why are we waiting so damn long????

Am I going crazy or is the world?
    Yes, this all could've been caused by elephant lightning.
    Look on the bright side: there are dozens of people around you who now wash and sanitize their hands religiously. Before covid, these Philistines didn't even look at the sink after a BM.

true

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I am immune- I took apple flavored ivermectin and washed it down with bleach.

A lot of this is here to stay - for better or worse. Spent a week at Disney recently and it was as nice a time as I've had. Low park capacity was amazing. Increased distance from people was amazing. Plexiglass shields in the switch backs of queue lines was amazing. The masks were a pain at first but I got used to it after a day and honestly it was nice to not worry about even getting a cold. My 1 year old who has pretty much not been anywhere managed to not get sick. I attribute a lot of that to increased sanitation and distance measures.

I don't see places like Disney etc reversing all of the measures any time soon.

By no means would I want masks forever or do I believe in any kind of shut down but I will say people are gross and I like being further away from them.

But getting sick with simple stuff is how our immune system prepares for the big stuff. We’re too clean.

This whole deal is making us physically and emotionally weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    But getting sick with simple stuff is how our immune system prepares for the big stuff. We’re too clean.

Spot on.

yep, What he said
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

This here. And I've had people look at me like I am a monster for sending my kids to school in person. Wrap your kids up in a bubble and see who's doing you a favor years down the road. My cousins don't let her kids go anywhere and is a clean freak, yet her kids miss nearly 30 days of school each being "sick"
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid