Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wood Duck Boxes

Thanks for the heads up brother!

If anyone wants help installing duck boxes please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Paul Taylor 803-463-4663 Nothing better than putting ducks back into South Carolina waters!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Yea thanks for the heads up. I need a few more for the farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Thanks,
    I’m going to get a few this year
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I got this email today as well. Just requested 3 for the swamp at my in-laws'.

Paul, I'll take you up on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Thanks for sticking that out here.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I got this email today as well. Just requested 3 for the swamp at my in-laws'.

Paul, I'll take you up on that.
    Happy to help brother!

We need more boxes in SC that folks WILL clean out and manage. It's the easiest thing we can do locally to put ducks back on SC's waters.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Just got this email:

Wood Duck Box Program Closed
    No more applications are being accepted at this time.
    Wood Duck on duck box
    Due to the overwhelming response, all wood duck boxes have been claimed for this year.

The next sign up period will be occur at approximately the same time in September 2020.

For information about constructing your own duck boxes visit: Duck Box Construction
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

That was quick...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Dang, I was just Pulling this link back up so I could order them
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I ordered 2 see what happens
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Whoever got the contract to build SCDNR boxes this past Winter were done right! I hope they get to make them again!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Whoever got the contract to build SCDNR boxes this past Winter were done right! I hope they get to make them again!
    You gonna keep the one I gave you the other week or you done put it to good use
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    If you need one I got a couple I havent got out yet.
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Gotta borrow Coots gas auger this Winter and it'll be up and pumping out baby ducks by March.

Agreed. It was a furniture maker that got the bid. Don't remember where they were out of.

The prison ones were a joke.

Due to poor labor or poor leadership?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Due to poor labor or poor leadership?

Went back to making them out of cypress (tried pine for a few years.....just doesn't last) and the folks who got the contract to build them did a great job!

Ah, didn't consider poor materials. Figured at least one of the Clemson grads at DNR woulda known better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ah, didn't consider poor materials. Figured at least one of the Clemson grads at DNR woulda known better.

The push to trying pine vs cypress I believe was due to material availability, cost of cypress and cypress growth rate. I believe pine tree grows faster if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember for certain tho.