Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Logging crew crosses property line???

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I'm sure they stole his trail cameras and hit one leg of every deer stand
    The surveyor already did stole them.

My understanding is land owner is entitled to three times the damages.

Drainage of oil= more fuel for prescribed burn. Win win
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Y’all must have dealt with the dregs of the loggin woods
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I know of a few decent loggers but our place has been broken into twice...both times were when they were logging on adjacent properties. Not a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    Y’all must have dealt with the dregs of the loggin woods
    I didn't have any issues when we had ours logged. But I also know the buyer well and he assured me the crew was good. I also was very present during the logging.

I bet some of the issues are attributed to roads being open that aren't normally open. And not necessarily the loggers.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 09-20-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I didn't have any issues when we had ours logged. But I also know the buyer well and he assured me the crew was good. I also was very present during the logging.

I bet some of the issues are attributed to roads being open that aren't normally open. And not necessarily the loggers.
    You’re absolutely right about being present. I check loggers nearly everyday to make sure they are operating at a standard that I am pleased with, more importantly the landowner is pleased with.

I know of a few instances where landowners had stuff stolen and pointed blame to the logger, when actually the logger was robbed too. Every battery was stolen out of his equipment as well as the landowners deer stands and cameras...
    Last edited by smitch320; 09-20-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Sounds like some of you could benefit by using a Registered or Certified Forester to help protect you interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Like Cali mentioned on the 1st page he will need to get a stump cruise by a Registered Forester to determine the timber value. If you go the lawyer route he will need this information. 9 out of 10 times you don't have to get a lawyer involved. Have your forester send them the report including the forester's fees and ask for payment by a certain date. If that doesn't work get a lawyer involved and it will ultimately cost them more $ in the long run. Most consultants have a relationship with loggers and timber buyers.

I agree with timber22

Had my place logged/thinned. Took heaths advice and it was a smooth process.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Had my place logged/thinned. Took heaths advice and it was a smooth process.
    Thank you.......still waiting on my Chester deer hunt. LOL

I agree with timber22

Ready when you are

No deer in Chester don't waste your time
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

To answer some of the questions

1-The SCFC did “cruise” the timber cut, not really worth a lot We talking $800 acre at best However SCFC did tell him , as I have been told courts award 3x amount. Honestly I think IF they would just write him a check for couple grand he was be fine with it.

2-Lawyer, not really enough money to hire an attorney to be honest. That is bitch of it

3-No damage to any tree stands, Logger did offer to do some free dozer work but he does not need any. Has his own Bobcat

4-Land was marked but logging company and the property owner/mngr was with them. Logging company admitted they came across line.

5-NO way he can get a dock permit. TRUST me he has “connections” with one of the top USACE folks (married to her LOL)

My buddy not trying to be a jerk, they(he and his Dad) have owned and hunted this land for probably 40 yrs . He has been more than patient and understands folks get busy BUT when they keep telling “we will call you back” and never do plus keep trying to dump it off on land owner which is BS has really pissed him off . Do not blame him at all

He is a General Contractor and is VERY meticulous with anything he does, couple other friends of mine are amazed at how clean our land is where we hunt and how he goes overboard. Hell when he builds a house HE sweeps it out EVERY DAY before he goes home

Hell I told him just to ride to Leesville and walk in the door but I imagine this outfit is like a lot of them in that their office is the truck

Thanks for info. I will pass it along.

He has talked with McCormick Cnty Magistrate (he has a good friend that is a magistrate up here and has told him what to expect ).
    Last edited by tprice; 09-20-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    I promise 90% of logging companies do not give a shit about your land.
    I think you’re wrong.

Unfortunately I have been on both sides of this. Logger cut over the line and it was due to me marking the property lines incorrectly. My fault and I took care of it, paid for trees cut, and all were happy. And I have had a logger cut over on my landowner and we all met and they took care of it. Most folks want to do the right thing. I work as a consulting forester.

I am glad I don't live in the world of most folks on here. Would be a sad place to live.

Have him put pressure on the adjoining landowner where the logger was cutting. If it was a per unit timber sale they have the actual money from the timber harvested off your buddies land. They can put pressure on the logger as well.

I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    I think you’re wrong.
    More than 90?
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    Unfortunately I have been on both sides of this. Logger cut over the line and it was due to me marking the property lines incorrectly. My fault and I took care of it, paid for trees cut, and all were happy. And I have had a logger cut over on my landowner and we all met and they took care of it. Most folks want to do the right thing. I work as a consulting forester.

I am glad I don't live in the world of most folks on here. Would be a sad place to live.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    Have him put pressure on the adjoining landowner where the logger was cutting. If it was a per unit timber sale they have the actual money from the timber harvested off your buddies land. They can put pressure on the logger as well.

The landowner representative told him they had a bond and he would not release that until cleared up.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post

Y’all keep mentioning a Certified Forestry Consultant, is this not what the SCFC guy is. He did a full report, actually came up from Columbia to look at what happened . He used his software and called and told him what value of timber was that was cut . This guy told him on small amounts like this they (SCFC) does not charge anything. This was done back in July

Basically that is all he expected, stuff happens come to a sensible agreement of what timber was worth/future values and they just cut a reasonable check and move on .

Just being dicked around for better than 3 months by logging company has got under his skin
    Last edited by tprice; 09-20-2019 at 03:34 PM.