Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Homeschooling

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    If you're always told you're a victim you can justify your shitty behavior as "revenge"
    I agree, but the irony is that the cycle of hate is colorblind. Hate welcomes everyone.
    Last edited by Roddie; 09-15-2022 at 04:07 PM.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

It’s the same party running the racism show, they just changed jersey colors.

Democrats ran Jim Crowe racism, they are running the same plays calling it social justice, crt et al.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    I agree, but the irony is that the cycle of hate is colorblind. Hate welcomes everyone.
    I haven't seen white on black racism in a long time. Black on white crime is 10 times more prevalent than the inverse. Why?

I haven't seen white on black racism in a long time. Black on white crime is 10 times more prevalent than the inverse. Why?
    Because you’re angry. I’m not here to make one side more righteous than the other, because both are ignorant and wrong. I just know what I can control in my circle of influence. I’d rather talk about doing the right thing instead of pointing fingers at ignorant acts beyond my control.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

It's called equity. It's the new, hip word for racism.

I'm not angry. I'm curious.

We have a serious racism issue. And it ain’t Maga extremists.
    This story has been kept pretty quiet.

Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

I'm not angry. I'm curious.
    Gotcha. I don’t know the statistics and I’m not questioning your feelings. What I do know is that after living in South Carolina, I can say it was like living in another time period. My wife is German. I met her while stationed there. We have two children and living in SC was a challenge. It seemed like a lot of blacks were divided against white people. My daughter was in middle school and was harassed about having white friends. On the other hand, I had a gun drawn on me at a boat ramp and told that the confederate flag flying there should have been my first warning. My wife got cussed out by an older black woman where she worked at because she knew how Nazis felt about black people. The next day, she was in her car with our kids when an old white guy went off on her, calling her a traitor and n****r breeding machine. She had to lock herself in the car and call the police.

I really like you SW. I think you’re extremely intelligent and funny as hell. If there were ever a time for us to cross paths, I think we’d have a helluva time. I’m just at a point in my life now where I worry less about making sense of nonsense. I spent too much energy on being mad about shit I can’t control instead of appreciating the good things all around me that I missed.

I like your black ass too

I like your black ass too
    No ash on it though.

I <} Black Bart

But do he gotta peezy head

But do he gotta peezy head
    You already know why he keeps that head shaved. Rusty ass

- "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    MY MAN

Gotcha. I don’t know the statistics and I’m not questioning your feelings. What I do know is that after living in South Carolina, I can say it was like living in another time period. My wife is German. I met her while stationed there. We have two children and living in SC was a challenge. It seemed like a lot of blacks were divided against white people. My daughter was in middle school and was harassed about having white friends. On the other hand, I had a gun drawn on me at a boat ramp and told that the confederate flag flying there should have been my first warning. My wife got cussed out by an older black woman where she worked at because she knew how Nazis felt about black people. The next day, she was in her car with our kids when an old white guy went off on her, calling her a traitor and n****r breeding machine. She had to lock herself in the car and call the police.

I really like you SW. I think you’re extremely intelligent and funny as hell. If there were ever a time for us to cross paths, I think we’d have a helluva time. I’m just at a point in my life now where I worry less about making sense of nonsense. I spent too much energy on being mad about shit I can’t control instead of appreciating the good things all around me that I missed.
    All of that is inexcusable and I'm sure nobody on this forum supports that kind of thing.

On the other hand, there are quite a few neighborhoods in SC where my white behind is more than unwelcome. And if I showed up at the wrong time, I may not make it out alive. My concern is that the continued victimhood agenda and topics related to CRT are going to fuel the growing sentiment towards whites and we'll continue to see an increase of black on white crime. I do believe the politicians pushing all this are doing so because their exact intention is to fan the flames of race based hatred. It's good for their political agenda. Nobody could ever convince me otherwise.

When I make my trips to the lowcountry to camp and fish the tidal creeks I run into older Gullah folks at the ramps. They're some of the kindest people in the area that I've met so far and they talk to me like they've known me for 20 years. The older ones, not the younger ones. The younger make it clear by how they look at me that they don't like me. One time I was sitting in my kayak at peak high tide shoved into the grass eating lunch. Just waiting on the tide to change to fish the mouth of the creek I was right by. 2 older Gullah folks boated up to me and asked if I needed help thinking I was stuck. The point is they most likely don't buy into this victomhood/CRT bullcrap because they're old enough to remember Jim Crow and actual racism and see how far things have progressed in the right direction. They know they have no reason to dislike me so they treat me like they'd treat anyone else so says hi to them at the boatramp.

It seems to be the younger generation has been the most impacted by the victimhood mentality, constant accusations of racism to white people for everything, and CRT topics being talked about so often. That isn't setting us up for good results in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    All of that is inexcusable and I'm sure nobody on this forum supports that kind of thing.

On the other hand, there are quite a few neighborhoods in SC where my white behind is more than unwelcome. And if I showed up at the wrong time, I may not make it out alive. My concern is that the continued victimhood agenda and topics related to CRT are going to fuel the growing sentiment towards whites and we'll continue to see an increase of black on white crime. I do believe the politicians pushing all this are doing so because their exact intention is to fan the flames of race based hatred. It's good for their political agenda. Nobody could ever convince me otherwise.

When I make my trips to the lowcountry to camp and fish the tidal creeks I run into older Gullah folks at the ramps. They're some of the kindest people in the area that I've met so far and they talk to me like they've known me for 20 years. The older ones, not the younger ones. The younger make it clear by how they look at me that they don't like me. One time I was sitting in my kayak at peak high tide shoved into the grass eating lunch. Just waiting on the tide to change to fish the mouth of the creek I was right by. 2 older Gullah folks boated up to me and asked if I needed help thinking I was stuck. The point is they most likely don't buy into this victomhood/CRT bullcrap because they're old enough to remember Jim Crow and actual racism and see how far things have progressed in the right direction. They know they have no reason to dislike me so they treat me like they'd treat anyone else so says hi to them at the boatramp.

It seems to be the younger generation has been the most impacted by the victimhood mentality, constant accusations of racism to white people for everything, and CRT topics being talked about so often. That isn't setting us up for good results in the future.
    I think the biggest problem is kids not being raised properly at home. A school shouldn’t be able to undo the morals and values instilled by good parents. Most kids are a reflection of their parents, not their school. Just my opinion brother

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post

They were judging you because of the kayak, not your skin color. Can't blame them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    They were judging you because of the kayak, not your skin color. Can't blame them for that.
    HA! Hey a lot of redfish and seatrout down there have headed to a skillet over a campfire via that kayak. Those are fun trips but the place still puzzles me. I have intermittent success and haven't quite figured it out.

If I lived closer and could fish it more I'd probably get a boat but only to head to deeper water and chase different species. All I've done is inshore stuff.

I think the biggest problem is kids not being raised properly at home. A school shouldn’t be able to undo the morals and values instilled by good parents. Most kids are a reflection of their parents, not their school. Just my opinion brother
    I agree 100%. All of this can be combatted at home with a proper raising by two parents and being active in church.

you shouldn't be surprised the affect peer pressure and schooling has on children. There is a reason liberalism focused on the education of our young and dismantling the nuclear family.

The current products speak for themselves.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud