Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Open carry will become law.

Sean Bennett didn’t want to hear your voice before the vote. He knew better than me I guess. He didn’t follow his constituents but voted his own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Tiger
    I hear ya but I am not going to get blamed for an incorrect or correct response that could cost them an opponent or replacement.

I have to deal with them for the next three years before their re-election.

Unfortunately, I think they will delay a vote until right in front of their next election in 2024. We need 5 to switch.
    I can understand you not wanting to be the liaison, but why not talk to them to get answers for yourself so you have a better idea of how to navigate the situation the next time this comes up?
    Last edited by Tigerbdog; 05-14-2021 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    I can understand you not wanting to be the liaison, but why not talk to them to get answers for yourself so you have a better idea of how to navigate the situation the next time this comes up?
    The House always point fingers at the Senate. If they passed CC and tabled the token bill the pressure would have been too much for the Senate. It is political gamesmanship. As a lobbyist once told me in SC Bills are passed before introduced. The I am fighting for you but the Senate/House is old news.

Time for chip Campsen to hit the road.

Don’t forget that he’s the major senator that pushed the Turkey Rules that screwed us all!!
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    The House always point fingers at the Senate. If they passed CC and tabled the token bill the pressure would have been too much for the Senate. It is political gamesmanship. As a lobbyist once told me in SC Bills are passed before introduced. The I am fighting for you but the Senate/House is old news.
    Rule number 51.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

The house runs every two years which means constantly.

The senate seats are all elected every four years. They are more reactive in the fourth year of a term.

While constitutional Carry means a lot to this group it actually does not poll that well among republican general election voters. It polls better with primary republican voters.

If you actually add in the democrats it polls terribly.

If you are going to contact legislators you should be in their district if you expect to make an impression. Ask them if they voted against the CC amendment because they did not want to ruin the open carry or if they do not support CC.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Question - I glanced through fairly quickly on this thread. My CWP is up for renewal at the the present time. Do I need to complete the renewal form and send $50?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

The new law begins in 90 days. You may have a lapse if it expires.

The new law begins in 90 days. You may have a lapse if it expires.
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Default Open carry will become law.

Polls is not what a Republic is about. A Republic protects rights over the majority. Polls are for a Democracy. The goal in Columbia and DC is self preservation. What is popular should come after the Constitution.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 05-16-2021 at 07:48 AM.

By not having a current CWP, you will not be able to carry concealed in other states. You will also be subjected to a back ground check if you buy a firearm from a dealer or transfer one through a dealer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Are saying a CWP is positive and not an infringement on the 2nd?

Are saying a CWP is positive and not an infringement on the 2nd?
    You damn right it is an infringement

Contrary to popular belief a CWP has nothing to do with law abiding citizens.
    Last edited by raybird; 05-16-2021 at 08:59 AM.
    Windows Down!

You are correct, sir.

What DT is telling us if more gun laws begin to poll well SC legislators will put seat before liberty.

Politics 101: Get re-elected.

Gun rights groups used that to their advantage. You used threats of having an opponent in the primary to your advantage to advance the CC cause even though it was not polling well with general election republican voters.

We CC supporters are in a minority position but hold the high ground. Our laws require permission but the US Constitution does not.

Bigtimber, stop attacking supporters. That strategy will work against you like the teacher unions have ultimately cost education. You know the strategy and who deserves the pressure. Let's finish this.

I made sure republican house members knew CC polled much better with primary republican voters. Gun rights supporters applied the leverage.

Now you have your list of senators narrowed down to 9. Unfortunately it is not an election year.

CC isn't going away. We have enough conservative legislators to keep it on the table. Thank you for raising your had against the caucus but so did Bobby Cox and folded like you did in the end. Open Carry is a token bill for NRA rating. The in state groups know better. I don't care my reps re-election I care about liberty. Most of decaders are RINOs but became well. I don't think we need term limits just less apathy. Covid restrictions helped work against this bill. Pressure will keep building.

Everyone that voted against the amendment is not a fan liberty. The goal of serving should not be becoming the next Leatherman and Florence Concrete. The peanut salary eventually pays big.

Politics 101: Get re-elected.
    That is the problem.

To many sell out just to get another term.

18 states allow permitless carry. They are probably better on taxes too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CC isn't going away. We have enough conservative legislators to keep it on the table. Thank you for raising your had against the caucus but so did Bobby Cox and folded like you did in the end. Open Carry is a token bill for NRA rating. The in state groups know better. I don't care my reps re-election I care about liberty. Most of decaders are RINOs but became well. I don't think we need term limits just less apathy. Covid restrictions helped work against this bill. Pressure will keep building.

Everyone that voted against the amendment is not a fan liberty. The goal of serving should not be becoming the next Leatherman and Florence Concrete. The peanut salary eventually pays big.

It will be people like you who turn off legislators.

Looks like you didn't do your job.

Politicians and diapers should be changed often, and for the same reason.