Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NBA talk w a little golf thrown in

soccer jerseys were not made on a mannequin shaped like me
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

NBA jersey wearers > Soccer (.) = Game of Thrones fans

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    You seem to have forgot about Lebron James. Love him or hate him, you can’t say he is unequivocally better than KD. KD never got it done alone. It took him moving to the Warriors to get his ring. You can’t say the same for James he did not have very much when he won in Cleveland.
    You serious Clark?

There were 2 future hall of famers on that team, besides Leebron James.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I'm picturing every one of y'all wearing jersies and athletic shorts in your free time.
    I won that jersey at the fair. What, I’m not supposed to wear it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    You serious Clark?

There were 2 future hall of famers on that team, besides Leebron James.
    Who? Kevin love won’t sniff the hall of fame, and have you seen Kyrie Irving play lately. He should have kept his tail in Cleveland with big bro
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

And kd may be the best “scorer” in the league. Player not so much

Durant is long and plays well in transition and off the ball. He's always been a prodigious scorer, but his outside game is what sets him apart. Early on, he looked for the iso matchup and used his athleticism to get a step and get to the rim. Now, he can score from the perimeter as well. He may not be thought of as an elite defender, but in one-on-one situations, he's one of the best in the league at shutting down scorers. The Greek guy will have Kevin Durant on him the entirety of the Finals, and I bet he averages less than 20 a game.

Golden State in 5.

If I'm wrong, I don't watch the NBA so I don't care.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 05-21-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Also, Brooks Koepka will win a British Open but not a Masters. I follow golf, so if I'm wrong about this it will upset me.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 05-21-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Durant is long and plays well in transition and off the ball. He's always been a prodigious scorer, but his outside game is what sets him apart. Early on, he looked for the iso matchup and used his athleticism to get a step and get to the rim. Now, he can score from the perimeter as well. He may not be thought of as an elite defender, but in one-on-one situations, he's one of the best in the league at shutting down scorers. The Greek guy will have Kevin Durant on him the entirety of the Finals, and I bet he averages less than 20 a game.

Golden State in 5.

I agree but seems to me that Draymond Greene really picks his game up when KD is not playing. So far they have not missed a beat without KD. I think what sets GS apart is all those 3 point bombs they can shoot, IF Thompson and Curry not hitting those GS normally does not do well
    Last edited by tprice; 05-22-2019 at 06:17 AM.

Also, Brooks Koepka will win a British Open but not a Masters. I follow golf, so if I'm wrong about this it will upset me.
    I think he will complete the career GS at some point. Probably before Rory and Speith.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Golden State in 5.

Less than 20pts a game? You said you "bet", so would you care to put a friendly wager on that?

Brooks is suited better for a Masters than The Open, but he played pretty much an Open at Shinnecock..

hehe
    you said cock
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

These guys get 20pts in their sleep nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    These guys get 20pts in their sleep nowadays
    No hand-checks.

No defense at all. If, KD and many of today’s current superstars had to play in the 80’s they’d be average at best. It’s a glorified horse game/ dunk contest now. Unwatchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    Less than 20pts a game? You said you "bet", so would you care to put a friendly wager on that?
    I mean, we're not even sure KD will be healthy for the Finals. And even if he plays, they might throw Draymond on him instead of Durant. My point was that IF Durant was 100% and guarding Giannis all night, that I think Durant could frustrate him and shut him down(assuming Giannis stays healthy throughout as well).

But, since I made a declarative point, I'll make a wager with you. I'd rather bet on an over/under number of games it will take GS to close out the series, but we'll take Giannis' scoring average per game for the series. What you thinking? I enjoy having lunch called in for me for pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Brooks is suited better for a Masters than The Open, but he played pretty much an Open at Shinnecock..
    I don't know, there's only been like 5 guys who have won a Masters and an Open since like 1975. Those two events are played at the same handful of courses routinely. Just going by the numbers, a lot of guys who are better than him haven't been able to do it. Brooks probably should have won it this year. Plus, he played in Europe for so long, I just think with his length and strength out of the rough, he will win The Open very soon.

I mean, we're not even sure KD will be healthy for the Finals. And even if he plays, they might throw Draymond on him instead of Durant. My point was that IF Durant was 100% and guarding Giannis all night, that I think Durant could frustrate him and shut him down(assuming Giannis stays healthy throughout as well).

But, since I made a declarative point, I'll make a wager with you. I'd rather bet on an over/under number of games it will take GS to close out the series, but we'll take Giannis' scoring average per game for the series. What you thinking? I enjoy having lunch called in for me for pickup.
    My reading comprehension sucks. I took as you were saying Durant wouldn't avg 20 a game. I don't have as much confidence in the Greeks playoff abilities. Hell, they might not even make it to the finals.

True. They looked like they were in control, but I believe Toronto is the better team. Kawhi is a bad man, but the Raptors have been more efficient with him on the bench this year. They score more points and win more games without him. And it looks like Kawhi is hurt as well, so if they have to reduce his minutes the Raptors should still be fine.

Everyone keeps saying the Bucks are just different, and the only ones outside of Houston that can challenge GS. I don't see it- I thought Houston's style of play is much more suited to run with the Warriors. I haven't watched much of Milwaukee at all, though, so who knows. What I do know is that Giannis is absolutely deserving of the "Freak" moniker given to him.