Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Turkey Hunting Videos

Default Great Turkey Hunting Videos

There is some good content out there these days on spring turkey hunting but it’s something about the old videos that can’t be replicated. I especially love the old Knight and Hale Ultimate Spring videos. I have the complete Ultimate Spring collection on VHS. The last couple years they’ve released quite a few complete videos on YouTube. Here’s one in particular, ignore the first 30 seconds of VHS rollover, just fast forward 30 seconds.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Yep and they are all on youtube. Some very good information not just sitting in a pop up blind with with full strut decoys like most turkey TV now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marv870 View Post
    Yep and they are all on youtube. Some very good information not just sitting in a pop up blind with with full strut decoys like most turkey TV now.
    I was just going to comment on that. You can actually learn from those old videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Remember those well, one of the few things that would keep my son occupied for awhile. When momma was cooking she would put those vids on and he was mesmerized. That music intro is burned into my memory.

It was magazine articles and cassette tapes of calling when we started lol. I remember the first turkey video I ever saw and it was shared by the dnr at some function. Was a clip of woods, a yelp or two, a blurred red head briefly appearing and an immediate booming shot. Not saying that as some kind of brag, more so that information was simply pitiful and sparse. All sorts of old wives tales too. Didn’t know anyone who was an accomplished turkey hunter so we fumbled along for a few years. Looking back it’s pretty funny.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

I always like The Truth series by Primos the most. Now a days it’s hard to watch any of them anymore besides guys like Dave Owens and such. All of them just promote full strut decoys and ground blinds. Old style turkey hunting has died on the tv hunts. It’s kind of sad. Heck you’ve got the Drury team hunting out of elevated fully enclosed stands now. It all just sucks

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    Now a days it’s hard to watch any of them anymore besides guys like Dave Owens and such.
    is this part of the reason you are a "top fan" of pinhoti?
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

"Claim your top fan badge now"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    is this part of the reason you are a "top fan" of pinhoti?
    Don't you have some State Farm insurance to sell or how about getting on the board by calling in a turkey with one of your 10,000 box calls

I always like The Truth series by Primos the most. Now a days it’s hard to watch any of them anymore besides guys like Dave Owens and such.
    Lets be honest, Dave can be hard to watch too. 15 minutes of pre hunt, front seat of the taco, talking.. sucks. At least he hunts them the right way.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Lets be honest, Dave can be hard to watch too. 15 minutes of pre hunt, front seat of the taco, talking.. sucks. At least he hunts them the right way.
    Take it back....
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Don't you have some State Farm insurance to sell or how about getting on the board by calling in a turkey with one of your 10,000 box calls
    Not everybody runs here to post when they "Get on the board" there Dildo

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Not everybody runs here to post when they "Get on the board" there Dildo

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Take it back....
    Pretty sure he's an Albarn fan too. So, no.
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Could be worse......

He ain't. It's that other fella.

So hes not an AU guy.. I'm still holding my apology because, like Feets said, he could be a Clempson fan.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 03-23-2020 at 02:50 PM.

UGA grad actually
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    UGA grad actually
    Learn something new everyday. I did know his lady friend was a UGA alum.