Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicken feed

Default Chicken feed

I am in there 2x a week. Can't wait to shoot them the rod as I ride by tomorrow and the rest of my life if this is proven true...

Tractor Supply Chicken Feed Reportedly Causing Egglaying to Stop

By Ben Wetmore
    Published January 25, 2023 at 10:00am

Online claims have emerged, corroborated by others, that the popular “Producer’s Pride” chicken feed sold by the Tractor Supply chain has been recently altered and that its new formulation is causing chickens to stop laying eggs. Some suggest a deliberate reduction in the amount of protein in the feed may be causing the reduction in egg production.

Hens do lay fewer eggs in the winter time due to reduced sunlight. Farmers have often used a light to expose hens to longer light so as to produce more egg-laying. Yet farmer sources report that they are seeing a much-greater-than-normal reduction in egg production, to the point where many report that hens are laying zero eggs instead of merely a reduced laying frequency. There is no word on whether this is a temporary or a permanent change among Tractor Supply feed.

This news comes as chicken and egg prices reach historic highs, caused in part by Avian Flu, but also as rampant inflation under the Biden regime causing prices to erratically jump among suppliers and subsequently among common consumer products. Egg prices have gone from $1.71 per dozen 18 months ago to an average over $7 per dozen today.

Not all hen layer feeds seem to be affected. In a quote to the Gateway Pundit, spokeswoman for Nature’s Best Organic Feeds Courtney Price said, “there have been absolutely no changes to our premium feed formulas” and that they have not heard any customer criticisms or complaints about their non-GMO chicken feed products. Price continued, “We pride ourselves here at Kreamer Feed on premium nutrition for animals nationwide, and all of the products in our organic, non-GMO brand Nature’s Best Organic Feeds line is no exception.”

The U.S. poultry feed market is $5 billion per year. Two of the most popular chicken feeds available for, and marketed to, backyard chicken homesteaders are “Producer’s Pride” owned by the Tractor Supply corporation and the “Dumor” brand owned by Purina.

These two layer feeds seem to be the primary brands mentioned by those experiencing chicken flocks who suddenly stop laying eggs.

Recent reports of chickens not laying comes in the wake of ongoing public concerns that the World Economic Forum is artificially causing food scarcity. The WEF has been widely criticized for repeatedly encouraging citizens to eat bugs in lieu of animal protein.

Tractor Supply’s CEO is Hal Lawton, based in Nashville, Tennessee. Tractor Supply is a publicly-listed company with $13 billion in annual revenue, 46,000 employees, and 2,003 locations in 49 U.S. states. Tractor Supply is specifically marketed to more rural Americans, where their company tagline is “for life out here.”

Tractor Supply has a board of directors composed of 10 individuals. One of them, Joy Brown, is a former executive for Vanguard, an index fund with $5 trillion under management. The three big index funds, Vanguard, BlackRock, and State Street, substantially financially support the World Economic Forum for the western world, and sources say also for the Shanghai Cooperation Organization for the eastern world.

These various funds are also behind the “social credit” and “ESG” left-wing movements among corporate America to force businesses into left-wing economic and cultural compliance. Another current Tractor Supply board member, Thomas Kingsbury, bragged about implementing ESG initiatives while an executive at Kohl’s.

Another Tractor Supply board member Andre Hawaux is a former executive with ConAgra, which has been criticized for using genetically modified organisms to change the genetic composition of its foods which dissident voices say causes sterility.

One Wyoming farmer described ConAgra to the Gateway Pundit as ‘a bunch of crooks’ that make seeds for farmers that eventually go sterile, and also make the soil sterile. Part of their motivation, he says, is to use gene splicing which is, he says, “bad for both plants and humans.” ConAgra and other companies were widely criticized 20 years ago for developing sterile seeds on purpose, which critics labelled ‘suicide seeds’ or ‘terminator seeds’, that would stop seeds from reproducing so as to force farmers to continually buy seeds only from licensed distributors rather than growing their own replacements.

Most shocking is that another board member, Mark Weikel, was the President of Victoria’s Secret from 2003-2007. Victoria’s Secret is owned by Leslie Wexner. During this period of time from 2003-2007, as reported by the New York Times, Jeffrey Epstein had a power-of-attorney document that allowed him to hire, manage, and fire all of Wexner’s employees and manage all of his finances and entities. The Gateway Pundit asked Mark Weikel point blank whether he reported directly to Jeffrey Epstein and he did not reply or deny as of publication time.

We reached out to Tractor Supply’s corporate media offices and they did not respond. We reached out to the Food and Drug Administration’s designated media contact Janet Goodwin and they also did not respond. We reached out to Mark Weikel on the board of Tractor Supply and he also did not respond.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ffrey-epstein/

i feed it and i went from getting 7 a day to 1 a day with 8 hens. Thought it was just winter and it slowing down.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I can’t see purina altering their dumor brand but not their name brand. Why? I don’t use producers pride so I can’t say 1 way or the other. I will say I switched from purina to dumor when purina prices went up by 30%. My yard birds have been consistent for 2 years, so I will use them. They quit laying at the end of October and started back a little before Christmas. They have been consistent in the past 4 weeks with an egg a day per hen. They have been on dumor for 6+months. My barred rocks and orpingtons have been sporadic at best on purina and dumor. Like I said, I can’t attest to producers pride but I haven’t seen a difference in purina or dumor.

Just another coincidence I’m sure
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by Featherduster View Post
    Just another coincidence I’m sure
    I am thinking that systemic racism has led to chickens wanting to be roosters. Sort of like taters wanting to be apples...

My wife told me the other day about this so called "Chicken Conspiracy" with the feed, but I hadn't seen anything about it. We have always fed whatever laying pellet we grabbed, throw them some scratch in the mornings, and our birds roam all day. I know we are currently feeding the Purina Layena, sourced from our local feed store as they are nice folks that we try to support. Ours are regular as the mail, but are younger birds that just started laying this fall. My Father-in-laws flock has stopped laying altogether, and he's been using our extra eggs of late. I'm now curious, and going to see what he's feeding them - I'm 99% sure its the Producers Pride from TSC. If its straight TSC feed, we can easily test this conspiracy.

Well it saved me money regardless. The tsc layer pellets were over $20 a bag here and i just left southern states with a bag of nutrena for 16.99
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Someone should be looking into who (if anyone) has been shorting TSCO...

My daughter's reduced laying. TSC. I use nutrena and my 9 are giving me 9 a day
    Last edited by bluetick1955; 01-28-2023 at 08:52 AM.
    Bluetick

I've got 10 hens, and two of those are old. I've been averaging about 8 eggs per day, which I think is phenomenal this time of year. I alternate between scratch grains and pellets. They also have a pretty large area to roam.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I am thinking that systemic racism has led to chickens wanting to be roosters. Sort of like taters wanting to be apples...
    I've never seen my rooster get the job done.

Get your feed from your local feed store.

Yeah, but where are they getting it from?

What would one have to grow on-site to be totally self-sufficient and still provide them a balanced diet?

Chickens love deer meat btw. Good for adding protein and omega 3s
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    What would one have to grow on-site to be totally self-sufficient and still provide them a balanced diet?

Chickens love deer meat btw. Good for adding protein and omega 3s
    Are you feeding the meat raw or cooked? I can see it both ways…

I quit feeding my last holdout layer feed and she just started laying again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Drylok View Post
    Are you feeding the meat raw or cooked? I can see it both ways…
    raw
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I feed my chickens just about everything. Once you see what they eat and how, you'll realize that you don't want to have a medical event in a chicken run.

They aren't peaceful vegetarians.
    Last edited by wob; 01-28-2023 at 10:55 AM.

velociraptors. I threw a stick at a duck-raping rooster and accidentally hit him perfectly. started the death flop. Seeing the other roosters attack him as he died was pretty eye opening
    -Samuel Adams

My buddy takes care of his 82 year old neighbors 30+ chickens, and has been getting 18-24 per day (some chickens are too young yet), but they've dropped to maybe 4-6 per day. And, yes, she buys TS Producer's Pride feed. Unfortunately she just bought 200 lbs of it, so I suggested he buy a different variety from Roger's Feed Store and at least mix 50/50... or feed it to the deer so they won't lay any eggs.

With the price of eggs going up, it's hard to believe this was an accident by any means... no matter what 2th says on Monday.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 01-28-2023 at 09:58 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'