Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kirkland Golf Balls

Default Kirkland Golf Balls

Anybody played them?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Like a PV1 but a fraction of the cost. There is a reason Costco limits them to 2 boxes per person
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Thanks for the info. Thats what i was hearing.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

The original golf ball they offered was a 4 piece design that rivaled most tour quality balls performance wise at a fraction of the cost. Titleist ended up suing them over a patent dispute, so Kirkland discontinued the design. They now offer a 3 piece design that is a decent mid level ball for the price. Double digit handicappers won't be able to tell a difference, but you're not getting a pro v1 level ball anymore.

I've seen you play. Top flights will do.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Double digit handicappers won't be able to tell a difference, but you're not getting a pro v1 level ball anymore.
    I live on a dogleg right hole and my back yard collects the OB pushes and slices. The number of Kirkland balls I've been finding supports your supposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    I've seen you play. Top flights will do.
    Well come on with it then!

I play them. I like them pretty well.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    I live on a dogleg right hole and my back yard collects the OB pushes and slices. The number of Kirkland balls I've been finding supports your supposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you can find some of the old 4 layers, they're going for about $6 a ball online. https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Sign...ct_top?ie=UTF8

People refer to them as "K-sigs".

I haven't. I don't think I could let myself.. I did try to make a ball change earlier this year.. to the AVX. I've got a couple friends that still play them, they really are about a club longer with my irons. I just don't care for their feel.

I played with a bag full of about a dozen random balls including a range ball from a local CC that somehow ended up in there. Found a Nike ball. It found its way in the drink on purpose, the rest did not.

I play with them. I usually use a Callaway Supersoft or Bridgestone E6, they play just as good as these.

MY SIL is a true 3-4 handicap, would they be good for B Day's, Christmas? I quit playing in HS when the coach said I had to practice during deer , duck, and quail season.

I guess I will be playing them for a while. I once told my wife about them and how they were supposed to be good balls, but Costco never had them in stock. Well, she was in there one time when they had them and she brought home 8 dozen. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    MY SIL is a true 3-4 handicap, would they be good for B Day's, Christmas? I quit playing in HS when the coach said I had to practice during deer , duck, and quail season.
    Somebody that is a 3-4 handicap is probably pretty particular about what ball they play, so I'd say no on them as a gift.

It's not like I'm all that snotty.. I just don't do Costco. It's probably like a forty minute drive for me to even find one. I've never even been inside one of the things.

Mostly during the week playing around I play 5A used balls, I don't care for refurbished. I've played pro v1x's since I've started back, and I'll buy a several dozen at a time from the Ebay. But they're mostly just practicing, plus I have a daughter and a son playing high school golf.

[QUOTE=rrconductor;2645556]MY SIL is a true 3-4 handicap, would they be good for B Day's, Christmas?

No- buy him a gift certificate to a golf shop
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Nothing better than hitting a PV1 right down Money Lane.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-11-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Took me along a decade or more to realize that Titleist was not pronounced tittly-ist. Still is, though, in my mind.

That's all the input I've got concerning golf balls....

Played 27 holes with them on Saturday. I’m a 15 handicap so don’t take my word as the word of a pro but I’ve played long enough to know a good ball from a bad one.

I really liked them. They’re better than any other ball in the $20-$35 a case range. I was getting more backspin on approach shots than I’m usually able to get with cheap balls. I will definitely be using them from now on.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler