Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Coyote Problem need ideas

Don't muddle up this thread with details.
    Last edited by benman; 09-25-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

How many of ya'll live in subdivisions?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I suppose that's why I keep stepping on coyote scat on all the "trails that arent really trails" on my lease. Most particularly at the intersections of "trails" that arent really "trails".
    You know yotes don't scat in the woods...much less on trails.

I've been down a dirt road before, but I went real slow so I wouldnt mess up the alignment in my minivan.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

To mark the boundaries of their territory, coyotes establish scent posts that they visit routinely and will urinate and leave scat to warn other coyotes to stay out of the area.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/coyote.shtml

i dont know how to do that annoying ass BOLD font but I must have one dominant mother fucking coyote shitting on my main road every damn day.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    Trails? you shouldnt be trapping, of any kind, on any trail where people would be present. more less where a bike could ride. coyotes are leary of human scent, reason traps are kept rusty.
    No offense, but you obviously don’t know chit about trapping. Conibear traps are not used for yotes, they are used for water sets. Traps are not kept rusty for scent, they are let rust so when you dye and wax them, you get a good coating.
    And yes, your dogs should be kept in the yard, but I can’t blame the dog if he gets out or the owner sucks at life. Id check my set out to. A foot hold will not break a leg, a 4 coiled MB550 will cause about a month long nerve damage to your ring finger though.
    The sponge and hook method is just laziness and purely shows lack of woodsmanship. It may be a yote and I hate them, but I am not going to let one SLOWLY die from his bowels being blocked or while he’s hanging from a hook for 5 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i dont know how to do that annoying ass BOLD font but I must have one dominant mother fucking coyote shitting on my main road every damn day.
    Maybe the fluoride residue on your boots sets him off.......

Fuck Purdue

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I've been down a dirt road before, but I went real slow so I wouldnt mess up the alignment in my minivan.
    I can't believe you would attempt to drive down a dirt road in your minivan. Didn't have a bunch of ridges and ripples?

To mark the boundaries of their territory, coyotes establish scent posts that they visit routinely and will urinate and leave scat to warn other coyotes to stay out of the area.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/coyote.shtml
    If they visit that same "scent post" "routinely", wouldn't they make a trail of some sorts?

The property is in the middle of the woods, gated off and no body besides me and dad are supposed to be down there. It is not close to houses maybe a mile.

I agree control your dogs and keep off my property. These are yotes not dogs. I will do it legal and remove them one by one just asking for advise.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Copy and paste, sorry.

Buckpro- I wasn't intending a conibear for coyotes, but someone just randomly walking through someone elses property is not smart. That was my point, you never know what could be there. Traps are kept rusty for scent control, dye and wax just slows the decomposition process. and coyotes and foxes will occasionally eat through their leg to get away.

Ok...so maybe Pine Island really took honors English and came back to us as swampshooter.

Fuck Purdue

To the OP

--Hire a trapper
    --Get better at trapping
    --Learn to hunt the yotes using the caller and correct set-up dictated by the wind usually

You have to be patient but it will pay off in the long run.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Chuck is right. It takes time to learn and be good at it. Try and find someone who does it quite a bit and offer to have them to your place to hunt or tag along with them when they hunt.

Fuck Purdue

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    To the OP

--Hire a trapper
    --Get better at trapping
    --Learn to hunt the yotes using the caller and correct set-up dictated by the wind usually

You have to be patient but it will pay off in the long run.
    This...^

I hope one of you dirt necks slips on one of your bacon grease sponges and catches a treble hook to the eye on the way down. What a stupid ass excuse for being an avid outdoorsman.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    This...^

I hope one of you dirt necks slips on one of your bacon grease sponges and catches a treble hook to the eye on the way down. What a stupid ass excuse for being an avid outdoorsman.

You would have to be one who has to explain why someone's child was hurt because they just wanted to "explore" like kids do and ended up with a triple hook in them. I had a supervisor tell me this once and I have learned through failures in life that he was right. He told me " BE RIGHT AND YOU DONT HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT". I now do my best to live by that rule. Hasn't let me down yet.
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by benman View Post
    Ok...so maybe Pine Island really took honors English and came back to us as swampshooter.
    No, I am not Pine Island but I do have about 7 college English classes under my belt, and still talk like a southern country boy.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    If they visit that same "scent post" "routinely", wouldn't they make a trail of some sorts?
    Yes but no one I know puts traps out in the middle of a trail, 30 or 40 ft away makes it safer and works more efficiently.

I give.....

Fuck Purdue

no, i am not pine island but i do have about 7 college english classes under my belt, and still talk like a southern country boy.

Yes but no one i know puts traps out in the middle of a trail, 30 or 40 ft away makes it safer and works more efficiently.
    "works more efficiently"???? I thought you started this thread b/c you were eat up with yotes.