Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This will work to help stop bullying

Quote Originally Posted by sftull View Post

Even if the bullied doesn't win the fight, it will make the bully think twice about picking on him/her again.
    If nothing else, this place has proved that over and over and over again...

Parents usually end up paying for their turd head kids one way or another. It may not be early on, but eventually that bill comes due. Usually once they turn 16 and have that driver's license. A personal liability umbrella policy could also be named "my turd head kid ran a stop sign while texting and t-boned a grandma, now she's in the ICU" policy. But a kid doesn't have to be a turd head for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    The two scenarios do not equate.

In the second concerning the child, you task the child by allowing them to feel the consequences of their actions. Otherwise they continue the behavior knowing they will not be held accountable. Extreme ownership should be taught early and often. If the child steals who is responsible? If the child breaks something who is responsible? What about when they're sixteen and kill someone with their car? Parents go to jail or the kid?

In the case down in Beaufort, who goes to jail, the boat driver or the parents?
    The kids will be much more likely to be held accountable if parents have real skin in the game. If parents thought they could be punished for their child's misbehavior, you can bet your ass they will be making sure the kids get their fair share of consequences. If a child breaks something that doesn't belong to him, the parent is responsible for paying for it. That parent will also make damn sure the kids learns to be more careful. If your 16 year old is a reckless driver, you should be held accountable for letting him drive.

I get it but it will not work. Those who are engaged with continue to be engaged. Those who aren't will not suddenly become so because of some silly ordinance. It is just another opportunity for .gov to tell you how to parent your child and attempt to bubble wrap the world.

Currently being an a-hole isn't illegal nor should it be. Life has a way of working it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    The kids will be much more likely to be held accountable if parents have real skin in the game. If parents thought they could be punished for their child's misbehavior, you can bet your ass they will be making sure the kids get their fair share of consequences. If a child breaks something that doesn't belong to him, the parent is responsible for paying for it. That parent will also make damn sure the kids learns to be more careful. If your 16 year old is a reckless driver, you should be held accountable for letting him drive.
    A 50 dollar fine is not going to turn worthless parents into caring parents.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    A 50 dollar fine is not going to turn worthless parents into caring parents.
    Several successive, incrementally higher ones certainly might.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 06-12-2019 at 12:18 PM.

The greater majority of the kid's that are shitheads are probably on the dole anyway. How are they going to pay the fine? We got rid of debtor's prisons for a reason.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    The greater majority of the kid's that are shitheads are probably on the dole anyway. How are they going to pay the fine? We got rid of debtor's prisons for a reason.
    Ding, ding, ding. Take fine and throw in trash........like they do bills, traffic tickets, taxes, etc.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

Bullying is like animal cruelty.....you can't define it.

How in the hell did we make it as a country this long?

I think the main reason we see so much upturn in kids being shitheads now a days is that the same people that want to immediately blame parents for their kids'actions are the same ones that have pretty much taken the right of parents away to bust said kid's ass when they first start exhibiting shithead behavior.

The last thing needed is some official elected or not, defining shithead behavior and levying fines based on their personal morals and “ good judgement “.

Some of y'all act like this is a new thing. It's been the way of kids figuring out the pecking order forever and ain't going away anytime soon.

Y'all obviously didn't grow up redheaded and short. Guess what?? I said to hell with them people, stayed the course, developed thick skin, kicked their asses in sports and life in general and look back to how they turnt out - still shitheads. Some things never change. And that's OK.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Some of y'all act like this is a new thing. It's been the way of kids figuring out the pecking order forever and ain't going away anytime soon.

Y'all obviously didn't grow up redheaded and short. Guess what?? I said to hell with them people, stayed the course, developed thick skin, kicked their asses in sports and life in general and look back to how they turnt out - still shitheads. Some things never change. And that's OK.
    And then you shot the arrogant mofo's who didn't repseck the rest. This man knows how to man...

Pretty much

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Several successive, incrementally higher ones certainly might.
    Do the po po accept EBT?
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post

This

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    The last thing needed is some official elected or not, defining shithead behavior and levying fines based on their personal morals and “ good judgement “.
    Yep. A mom at my sons school got arrested at the end of the school year this year for confronting the bullies in class. What happened to the bullies? Well, the district said that is a private matter and is not at liberty to discuss with said mom....Or you and me for that matter.

I am not leaving my freedom up to some Greenville school district flunkie who couldn’t cut it in the classroom.

My son knows what I expect. Be nice, be respectful and be prepared to kick everyone’s ass. If he starts a fight he answers to me. If someone else starts it, I have his back.

Both my boys have been in fights this year. Neither were punished by me.
    Last edited by Jozie & Me; 06-12-2019 at 04:50 PM.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Got a weeks suspension for fighting my 9th grade year. I was not the provocateur. My daddy took the following week off and we went to Low falls, camped and caught April crappies, rockfish, and shellcrackers. Was one of my most memorable times with him. He definitely had my back.

schools are not going to do crap, just call police and press charges

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.