Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Annandale for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Some of y’all would bitch about the taxes you have to pay if you win the lottery.
    You wouldn’t?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

if I won the lottery, this would be my second phone call... if powerball is big, and if I bought a ticket.. my first phone call would be to Hart, getting him started on a mossy oak design thong so I could roam that place with lead

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    My biggest fear is that if it sells for asking price that it will trigger other places in that area to go on the market and that’s a scary situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it scary?

If I don't own any adjoining tracts or have a stake in private property other than it being historical, how does it affect anyone else?

Conservation easements will ruin a property, then tack on high upkeep and little to no return on investment that I can see. If you lease it out to ten individuals at $100k a year that still doesn't cover operating costs.

If anyone blows $24 million on this place they have more money than sense. Again just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post

If anyone blows $24 million on this place they have more money than sense.
    If I remember, and you could search it here, I think the Reeves estate listed Annandale for $16,000,000. Everyone said "have more money than sense" then, too...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    If I remember, and you could search it here, I think the Reeves estate listed it for $16,000,000. Everyone said "have more money than sense" then, too...
    Never heard of it.

Default Annandale for sale

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    If I remember, and you could search it here, I think the Reeves estate listed Annandale for $16,000,000. Everyone said "have more money than sense" then, too...
    Yep!! And look what it is now! As you know my experience with land management is relatively extensive. And I am very familiar with most if not all of those plantations around Annandale to include Annandale. My fear is that those places are only one purchase away from development. Given that areas proximity to Charleston it is extremely plausible that some money hungry development group could come in and scoop up any and all of the available property. Conservation Easements only work when the person fighting them doesn’t have the funding to fight them. They can and have been over turned. And JAB I am answering the prior post in this one. BTW

Last edited by Quackhead22; 11-29-2022 at 08:12 PM.
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

What conservation easement has been overturned?

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    What conservation easement has been overturned?
    I seem to remember reading something about easements being Extinguished in Florida in the name of development and I know there’s some shady things that have happened in Horry County and Charleston in the name of development. I’m certain that cases such as that are a heck of a long way away for that area but that doesn’t change the fact that there is plenty of land in that area that is not under an easement.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I’m with Highstrung. If I hit the powerball big, I’d buy this for my own personal playground. Buy a ranch out west to spend the summers and chase redfish, trout, tarpon, bass, doves and ducks from mid September through mid May at Annandale.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    if I won the lottery, this would be my second phone call... if powerball is big, and if I bought a ticket.. my first phone call would be to Hart, getting him started on a mossy oak design thong so I could roam that place with lead
    No Pics but I LOL!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Is the State the new group looking to buy?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quackhead22 is right on this one. There is a lot of danger in that price and an easement is only as good as the paper it is written on for the right people. It is happening all over. Just look at the “USC property” just north of Prince George. Guaranteed it gets developed.
    For the ducks

DU has deep pockets to fight but I would worry about a smaller land trust going to war with a deep pocket developer. I like to think annandales neighbors are committed to conservation but I have been wrong plenty in my life.
    cut\'em

Not to get into the math but if this property were not encumbered a developer could justify the $28k/acre price to turn it into suburbia. Not sure that Georgetown could absorb 3400+/- homes in that area but it certainly would make the desk of most of the National builders. They are not making anymore land and there is no shortage of people that want to live at the beach!

I think 1200 are going on SI Road soon.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    I think 1200 are going on SI Road soon.
    Yes DRH

There are some very influential people surrounding this property. If that easement was written on anything other than toilet paper, they will probably make sure it is upheld... But money is money, people are people and lawyers are ....

I'm not sure anyone but the the easement holder would have standing to fight against breach of title rights. The neighbors certainly benefit from the easement but can't do much to enforce it.

Just curious what kind of easement the neighbor might have.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Just curious what kind of easement the neighbor might have.
    This thread is going off the rails with a lot of speculation regarding conservation easements. If there are conservation easements that have been overturned in Florida it would be my educated guess that the organization taking the easements was a sham. Conservation organizations risk judicial dissolution if they do not enforce their easements.
    DILLIGAF