Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Personal injury attorney advice

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Response wasn't emotional. It was rational. You sounded like a little girl and I hate insurance companies. As for my boss, yes I send myself to court often.
    Right, you seem real level headed.

I was in a crash once, not my fault, and had some had minor injuries. Limited medical bills. The other guy’s insurance wanted to fight paying. I didn’t go dial all 9’s, or look for a PI lawyer. I just get a real lawyer, who handled everything. Bills paid, atty fees paid, and Notjing extra in my pocket. I would never in a million years call an attorney that specializes and advertises as a PI atty.
    Last edited by JJ1965; 09-13-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I have. It’s not a perfect system. Again, it’s better than a message board or anything else we’ve come up with. That’s all I’ve said here today. So OP should talk to a lawyer.

Ok in the legal world, your attorney did “PI” work. If youre just saying that the looney tv commercial guys are awful, I don’t think anybody disagrees with that.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    I was in a crash once, not my fault, and had some had minor injuries. Limited medical bills. The other guy’s insurance wanted to fight paying. I didn’t go dial all 9’s, or look for a PI lawyer. I just get a real lawyer, who handled everything. Bills paid, atty fees paid, and Notjing extra in my pocket. I would never in a million years call an attorney that specializes and advertises as a PI atty.
    Wisdom in this post. If you operate in South Carolina, there are law firms that you will use or they will be used against you sooner or later. It behooves you to use the best ones in your area of operation for even little things...

A competitive business comprised of satan and his spawns. People talk about how lawyers are so terrible (until they need one), but seem to overlook the screwing that insurance companies of just about every ilk love to give their insureds. File a claim or two and see how quickly your HO carrier drops your arse. And I'm not talking about insurance salesmen, I'm talking about underwriters and those sorts.
    Dude are you serious? I don't know you but I would assume your pockets have been lined with a few Insurance settlements... you know the kind where many lawyers fuck their client out of the majority of their settlement. And i'll use your logic... everyone hates Insurance until they need it. You want to know why insurance premiums go up?... 2 major reasons to keep up with inflation, and greedy lawyers filing suits that are outrageous and many times un-warranted. I literally had one of my clients get sued this past year where unfortunately there was a death involved and the deceased was at fault yet the deceased was a minority in a majority minority county... literally had one of the ambulance chasers down there who is well known for pulling the race card file suit and told the Insurance company I had my client written through that they better settle or he would file suit for more and whether my insured was at fault or not it didn't matter because we would never win a jury trial in this county due to demographics... and I have that in writing. So no offense against you but my blood boils to hear a lawyer talk shit about an Insurance company. Satan and his Spawns my ass, I am in this business to make an honest living and help put my customers life's back together in their time of need. Personal Injury lawyers are in business to profit off of someone's misfortune.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

I will take attorney's over insurance any day of the week.

When the carriers tried to deny the life insurance claims of the 9/11 pilots because "there is no proof of death", was the last day I relied on those fucking anal nematodes to do the right thing...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I will take attorney's over insurance any day of the week.
    Truer words...
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

I've seen an insurance company pay a death claim on a life policy that lapsed the previous year for non-pay.

I know good and bad people on both sides of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    Dude are you serious? I don't know you but I would assume your pockets have been lined with a few Insurance settlements... you know the kind where many lawyers fuck their client out of the majority of their settlement. And i'll use your logic... everyone hates Insurance until they need it. You want to know why insurance premiums go up?... 2 major reasons to keep up with inflation, and greedy lawyers filing suits that are outrageous and many times un-warranted. I literally had one of my clients get sued this past year where unfortunately there was a death involved and the deceased was at fault yet the deceased was a minority in a majority minority county... literally had one of the ambulance chasers down there who is well known for pulling the race card file suit and told the Insurance company I had my client written through that they better settle or he would file suit for more and whether my insured was at fault or not it didn't matter because we would never win a jury trial in this county due to demographics... and I have that in writing. So no offense against you but my blood boils to hear a lawyer talk shit about an Insurance company. Satan and his Spawns my ass, I am in this business to make an honest living and help put my customers life's back together in their time of need. Personal Injury lawyers are in business to profit off of someone's misfortune.
    I'm just a person who hates insurance companies (not their agents and often not their adjusters) who happens to be a lawyer. I'm primarily a defense lawyer, but don't work for traditional insurance companies and won't (as they're just as intent on screwing their own lawyers as they are on screwing everyone else). I have taken some personal injury cases and made some good money doing so. I don't take soft injury BS cases though. As far as PI lawyers being in the business to profit off of someone's misfortune, that may be true. Of course, there are good ones out there who don't advertise and you would love to have them on your side if you needed help. However, what is an insurance company doing when it hikes rates after a claim or two? Increasing premiums or dropping its insured TO MAKE A PROFIT. Many of my posts on this thread have been to stir the pot, which I've done. I've boiled some blood and made someone sound like a little girl. I'll leave this to y'all.
    Carolina Counsel

I'm just a person who hates insurance companies (not their agents and often not their adjusters) who happens to be a lawyer. I'm primarily a defense lawyer, but don't work for traditional insurance companies and won't (as they're just as intent on screwing their own lawyers as they are on screwing everyone else). I have taken some personal injury cases and made some good money doing so. I don't take soft injury BS cases though. As far as PI lawyers being in the business to profit off of someone's misfortune, that may be true. Of course, there are good ones out there who don't advertise and you would love to have them on your side if you needed help. However, what is an insurance company doing when it hikes rates after a claim or two? Increasing premiums or dropping its insured TO MAKE A PROFIT. Many of my posts on this thread have been to stir the pot, which I've done. I've boiled some blood and made someone sound like a little girl. I'll leave this to y'all.
    Surely you're not that stupid, are you?

There are some good people and there are a lot of shit birds, no matter their job title.

Are you familiar with the actuarial science behind that? All this shit is regulated, they have to do these things to keep rates adequate as best they can to prevent insolvency, the DOI has a cap on how much you can raise rates and there has to be actuarial reasoning behind it relating to a companies liabilities vs their reserves. If you have been with a company for years and you have one or two claims just because you got unlucky no you aren't going to get dropped but if you were to leave say "Company A" after 20 years over a $100 increase and go to "Company B" and have 2 claims in the first couple years yeah you might get dropped. That is why even with me being and Independent agent with the option to quote multiple companies I caution my clients on rewriting them to another carrier over small rate increases.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

What do you think insurance companies do with all of those profits, CC?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    What do you think insurance companies do with all of those profits, CC?
    If they’re publicly held, I hope they share it with their stockholders.
    Carolina Counsel

Yes I am stupid. I got to where I am by cheating on tests, paying someone to take the bar for me, and also paying off judges and juries to get good results.
    Carolina Counsel

Yes I am stupid. I got to where I am by cheating on tests, paying someone to take the bar for me, and also paying off judges and juries to get good results.
    Yet, you don’t understand why insurance companies don’t like to keep bad risks on their books?

How many DUI cases have you taken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was with State Farm for many many years...….at one time covering 4 autos, 2 boats, home and a Harley
    No claims for many many years, just handing my money to them each month. I filed two cracked windshield claims fairly close together
    and they dropped me...…….Fuck an Insurance company, organized crime has nothing on the insurance industry.
    And I say this not toward my agent friends, but the corporate/industry level
    Last edited by ecu1984; 09-13-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I was with State Farm for many many years...….at one time covering 4 autos, 2 boats, home and a Harley
    No claims for many many years, just handing my money to them each month. I filed two cracked windshield claims fairly close together
    and they dropped me...…….Fuck an Insurance company, organized crime has nothing on the insurance industry.
    And I say this not toward my agent friends, but the corporate/industry level
    You must have pissed someone off. I have a lot more items covered than what you mentioned, and in the last 5 years I’ve probably had 5-10 windshields fixed or replaced along with a total loss fire on a property I owned. Rates didn’t go up and I was never dropped. State Farm has consistently been the lowest quotes I’ve received on vehicles and properties.