Thread: Imagine if old nameless and shameless had one of these

Default Imagine if old nameless and shameless had one of these

http://www.kcentv.com/story/16298431...to-dps-arsenal

video and pics at the link
    check out the tires for the trailer

AUSTIN (KXAN) - The Texas Department of Public Safety is unveiling a powerful new tool to fight drug dealers and human smugglers.
    A new fleet of patrol boats is poised to join the battle along the Rio Grande and international lakes.
    "This is what you call the bad boat. And indeed it is," said Steve McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety.
    McCraw and other DPS officials were on hand at Decker Lake in east Travis County on Thursday to show off the first of six "shallow water interceptors". Each vessel costs approximately $580,000 fully equipped. The funding comes from the Texas Legislature and federal grants.
    The 34-foot long boats feature armored glass and armored hulls, along with 900-horsepower engines. The vessels sport 4 machine gun turrets and state of the art night vision cameras.
    "It is fully capable of taking whatever threats they'll encounter. And there will be a full spectrum of threats, because we will be using this as an interdiction tool. The cartels continue to exploit, move ton quantities of drugs or humans across that river and those waterways. We need to be able to interdict those," said McCraw.
    DPS will name each of the six vessels in honor of a fallen trooper. The one unveiled Thursday salutes Jerry Don Davis, who was shot and killed in the line of duty in Lubbock County on Oct. 5, 1980, after stopping a subject for a traffic violation. Davis had been a trooper less than 20 months and was stationed at Slaton.
    Davis' mother Joyce and other family members took a ceremonial ride around Decker Lake aboard the "J.D. Davis."
    "J.D.'s mother was completely thrilled about it. She just chokes up every time she starts to talk about it at all," said Michael Davis, cousin of the slain trooper. "This is a great honor for him. And I know he's looking down. He's proud."
    McCraw said Texans should owe a deep sense of gratitude to the families of fallen officers.
    "It's humbling to be around people that would care so much about their fellow citizens that they would gladly give their life, recognizing that families sacrifice when they're on the job and they pay the ultimate sacrifice with their lives."
    The newly formed Highway Patrol Tactical Marine Unit will eventually number 40 DPS officers. The team will work in coordination with local and federal law enforcement agencies and provide assistance as needed.
    The six boats will be deployed along the border in early 2012.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 12-28-2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Mud grips on the trailer!

More militarization of the "police" force. I notice FEDERAL GRANTS listed prominently as a funding source.

I thought it was the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT's duty to protect and defend the borders of the US. On one hand they give state and local government millions of dollars to police the borders, then sue them for actually doing it. I am really beginning to dislike government.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

At least now I know why my Yellowfin is on back order.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

They definitely picked a good boat to start with. I do like the tires on the trailer. Who knows, they may have to put it in at a dirt boat ramp.
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.

I am really beginning to dislike government.
    Come on in, the water is FINE!

However, I whole heartedly agree. The federal government has only three jobs. Provide for the common defense, guard our borders against invasion, and facilitate trade. Somehow, it has gotten into the student loan business, the mortgage business, the welfare business, the car business, MY MOTHERFUCKING BUSINESS, and trying like hell to get into the healthcare business.

It doesnt seem to want to do it's primary job functions.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

No wonder our counrty is running out of money. I bet the boys at Yellowfin are laughing all the way to the bank after selling a couple .55 mill center consoles!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Come on in, the water is FINE!

However, I whole heartedly agree. The federal government has only three jobs. Provide for the common defense, guard our borders against invasion, and facilitate trade. Somehow, it has gotten into the student loan business, the mortgage business, the welfare business, the car business, MY MOTHERFUCKING BUSINESS, and trying like hell to get into the healthcare business.

It doesnt seem to want to do it's primary job functions.

You cant buy votes buy doing the hard things in the Constitution, but get the populace addicted to the government teet by doling out money to willing sheep will get you re elected every time.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    At least now I know why my Yellowfin is on back order.
    x2

BB, it has got the same kind of jack plate as the High Tide!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    BB, it has got the same kind of jack plate as the High Tide!
    Damned sure looks like it doesnt it?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Wonder how shallow it runs?

They'd probably do better with a pirogue boat and a shotgun, you won't run down anybody but you could hide easier.