Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12/16

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    ducks are ducks. you just think the boat needs to be made part of the habitat around here...we just get so few opportunities at ducks actually working decoys, we would hate to blame flaring birds on a boat showing nearby.

nice strap QA, my good friend has been having some great hunts up by Bernardo on the river.
    X2

Mergie, the Texas birds I hunted all year last year were almost the same way. Not quite, but close. They get hunted hard in that part of the world. I don't think they are any "dumber" either. They still flair from a face shining, not being still, can be call shy, etc.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Tater, that looks like evidence. This is a discussion. No need to bring evidence into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    great image..with my people hating ways, just reaffirms the fact I live on the wrong side of the big muddy.

still dont mean the ducks are smarter
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Wasn't my intention to say they're smarter, more to show why ducks here don't do much sitting on public water. Private water and Cat I water is managed, among other things obviously, to control pressure. A duck's gonna hang out where a duck can hang out unmolested. Leave him alone and he'll stay. Bother him only every so often and he will stay if the juice is worth the occasional squeeze he gets. Squeeze too much and he goes and finds his juice elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    Sorry Merg, I dont buy the "our ducks are smarter/warier" than other flyways.
    If that was the case, why are ducks so easy to kill on our Cat I wma's and good private property dont have much trouble killing ducks. Our problem(on the coast), ducks dont do much sitting on public water, and when we convince a duck to join our spread we fooled it into an unnatural act. We get lucky from time to time.
    Last edited by Tater; 12-18-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: needed another "o" in "too"

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Wasn't my intention to say they're smarter, more to show why ducks here don't do much sitting on public water. Private water and Cat I water is managed, among other things obviously, to control pressure. A duck's gonna hang out where a duck can hang out unmolested. Leave him alone and he'll stay. Bother him only every so often and he will stay if the juice is worth the occasional squeeze he gets. Squeeze too much and he goes and finds his juice elsewhere.
    I get that, we(on the coast) dont have many puddle ducks that sit on public water regardless of pressure. Take a boat ride in February and you'll see divers, but them puddlers are still sitting in 18" of wigeon grass infested water. We just have nothing for a puddle duck on public water.....
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.