Thread: Big mistake or not?

Tuesday evening I took a leak off the stand in a pretty hot area. Typically I would not do this, but a few beers prior to the hunt left me with little choice. It did not bother the does one bit as far as I could tell, but will it bother a buck who has obviously made it through several seasons untouched? Will he sense something is up with the area, or will it even matter. There has been no hunting in that areas since then, and I plan on going in to hunt there again tonight. Is this a bad idea or do you think they will have forgotten? I had three deer blow at me on the way out of the stand, but this was way after I had pissed. What do y'all think? I know we have talked about this subject before, but this was a HOT area, and I need to know some opinions before I go and possibly screw it up even further.

I wouldn't worry about pissing out of your stand. I think your mistake was having a few beers before you climbed into a tree with a rifle. Each to their own. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yes, to each his own. Thanks for the reply.

It is NOT each to his own - If you had a few beers DAYS prior to the hunt, fine. If you had a few beers hours or minutes prior to the hunt ..... !!!!!!!!
    What foolishness - guns and alcohol dont mix. Iv seen it ... you ever seen a human being shot while hunting where alcohol was .... never mind, IM sure if you done that and would admit to it, nothing I can say or write will impact you.

DOnt ever worry about getting an invite from me to hunt!

Yes, Id say you screwd up - BIG time - and it wasnt the pssin from your tree that done it.
    Id say the name "Chap" prolly fits! Im surprised all the SCDuckers aint jumped all over this one?!?! [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    Good Dogs- $600.00 <br />Dog Box- $350.00 <br />Old Truck- $4,000.00 <br />Hearing a pack of hounds chase Mr. Whitetail in the SC swamps - PRICELESS!!!<br /><br />I came out here to enjoy nature, dont talk to me about the environment

I doubt that pissing will affect the area too much unless you were right over the hot area. Even then it's probably fine by now.

As for drinking before hunting, that's an accident waiting to happen. Contrary to the opinion of some assholes who do it, it doesn't make you more of a man. I won't jump on you any harder since you at least admitted it, but get smart before something happens to you or someone in your sights.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

tradorion Coots

Welll- i frequently piss in scrapes to annoy a deer- hasn't stopped one yet from hitting it to my knowledge...

Now- watch me jump on the band wagon on this one (had i seen it first- i would have been hooking up the wagon...) Alcohol and weapons (guns, bows, blackpowder, knives, pistols, etc etc etc including sharp scissors) DO NOT MIX!!!

Sorry- but we look at enough hunting accidents without someone begging to get on the accident-maker list....

T

What kind of beer was it? If you say Bud Light, you do deserve a chewing. Any decent and responsible drinker knows that Bud heavy in a long neck is the only way to go before a hunt.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

I aint much on drinking and deer hunting(after I get out the stand, anything is game ) , but a cold Bud in a duck blind at 9 am is hard to beat. Not to mention a few sips on a bottle of Rock and Rye around 4 am.

I try not to take it any further than that, it is hard enough to hit a duck sober.

I always have a big mouthed( ) drink bottle in my hunting sack for urine capture.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Drinking before hunting, fishing etc is just a bad practice. Have I done it...yeah. Did anything bad happen...NO, thank god. Don't drink and operate a gun or fishing rod. After the hunt or fishin trip okay.

Don't worry about pissin off the stand....we all do it.