Thread: Yute day

Default Yute day

Took my 11 year old nephew and a friend of mines brother yesterday morning. Got to the landing and see that its very foggy so i decided to go somwhere a little closer to the hill than initially planned. After we got there and threw out a couple dozen decoys it was pretty much shooting time. 2 common mergansers came in perfectly and sat down. They shot and killed both. A while later, the fog lifted and we werent seeing many ducks so we picked up and struck out the other way. After getting to the new spot we immediately began seeing ducks. Again we threw out about 2 or 3 dozen decoys and sat up. Before there guns were even loaded 2 blue-wings buzzed the decoys. They got loaded up and were waiting very unpatiently. After a few short minutes, i was doing something and not paying attention and i hear, ducks, ducks, right there i look up and theres 2 gadwall trying to sit in the decoys. I said "shoot shoot shoot" they pulled up and made perfect shots on both of them. Nephew killed the hen and friends brother killed the drake. They then wiffed on a few other ducks and we had a couple of close encounters with some blacks and more gadwall but couldnt quite get them within range. Regardless, you couldn't wipe the smiles off of eithers face the rest of the day. Youth day is by far one of the most rewarding days of duck season to me. If there is any possible way you can get a kid out there, you want be disappointed. Pics to come compliments of ktownduckhunter.
    Last edited by Baybuster; 12-04-2011 at 08:35 PM.
    It's always High Tide in the High Tide

Little brother only has $30 more to earn before he can buy his gun...Cant wait!
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Way to go Baybuster, I can't agree more, love the youth day hunts. Could not get to go this year on first one. Got drawn for Youth hunt on Feb 4th. for 2nd year straight. My boy had a blast there last year. Good luck rest of season.
    Last edited by SurveyorBob; 12-04-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    Nothing better than seeing a smile on a face, after the splash in the water!!

Good Job man!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So, do you buy your women too, or just your ducks?

Good job!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

That's good stuff!
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Awesome, good job guys.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

Awesome!

this is the same one me and baybuster put on his first turkey 2 years ago, kids on a roll, first turkey was a nice one, then these ducks, next is time for his first buck. Good job GABE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So, do you buy your women too, or just your ducks?

looks like i know this little guy taught him and his daddy and uncle to all i know about dog hunting (baybuster)
    It is what it is so just deal with it !!

Good looking birds there. I bet the young man is proud and he should be.

Thats awesome
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Very nice!!

Thanks fellas. The kid is hooked for life fo sho. He's already sending word to santa that he needs some new waders, decoys, and steel shot.
    It's always High Tide in the High Tide