Thread: Tuckered Out!

Default Tuckered Out!

Had a great week of chasing ducks.

Opener - Camped out and shot a Private Swamp - Woody Hunt followed by chasing a crippled deer all over that place.

Sunday - back to the swamp, but no real action.

Monday and Tuesday had to work - no hunting.

Wed. - Another private swamp through an invite before work - Woodies, Mallards, and Teal.

Thanksgiving - traditional Family Farm Pond hunt - Woodies, teal, and ringers.

Friday - Salt water marsh (only picture) first full limits - 2 guns, 9 gads, black, widgeon hen, and a GW teal.

Saturday - Salt water marsh - tough day with little wind. 5 gadwalls between 2 guns. Should have taken a few more shots, but thought they were comitted to the decoys. Picky bastards yesterday, they were.

Friday's bag

Fun, but exhausting. Hoping for better weather to come. Hunted with three different dogs, and enjoyed them all, even the new pup in the mix on his debut hunt. Got the boys out, and hunted with a buddy and his son. Its right neat with the kids in tow on a duck hunt these days. I even broke my 13 y.o. Auto Wed., so I have a trip to the 'smith to look forward to.

I'm sore and tired, and feeling my age a bit today.

Nice
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

Nice indeed

Nice! Had a bunch of shots this week that I should have taken. But killed every bird locked up in the dekes.
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....