Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: south santee

to all those outside Brown Island-" is all that sky busting as expensive as it sounds?"

-sr chief.

Quote Originally Posted by bohica View Post
    to all those outside Brown Island-" is all that sky busting as expensive as it sounds?"

-sr chief.
    they'll never get it. 80% of the members of this site are scratching their heads at a comment like that. pathetic how high people shoot, then it doesnt even faze them when the do clip a wing and it sails 200yds never to be retreived or attemted to be retreived. I just dont get it. Never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

We had some fellas down from us who skybusted a flock of redheads and then spent twenty-five minutes riding around trying to retrieve the one bird they managed to cripple. They caused three different groups of birds we were working to flare. They eventually picked up the bird 40 yards outside our dekes.

Some people.

Damn shame that place is such a fkn zoo. Its a beautiful place to hunt. I got a bellyful of dealing with the opening day stupidity 20 years ago. If I hunt down there its mid week and mid - late season.
    Last edited by FLS; 11-20-2011 at 02:30 PM.

I was down that way.....got there about 2hrs before shooting time and had to sit under 17 bridge on south river just to get away from others. I will never go there again on opening day. I wish people thought of duck hunting like getting the crabs instead of a cool fad.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    they'll never get it. 80% of the members of this site are scratching their heads at a comment like that. pathetic how high people shoot, then it doesnt even faze them when the do clip a wing and it sails 200yds never to be retreived or attemted to be retreived. I just dont get it. Never will.
    It is nothing short of amazing how high they shoot at a bird !!!!!!! Afuckingmazing!!!!!!
    Last edited by ccleroy; 11-20-2011 at 02:56 PM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    It is nothing short of amazing how high they shoot at a bird !!!!!!! Afuckingmazing!!!!!!
    Its ridiculous, and I honestly think they think thats duck hunting. Someone had to teach these idiots to do it. If people would slow down and actually shoot some birds in the decoys they would stop all the skybusting. I didnt kill but 4 birds on the opener but they were in the decoys and thats satisfaction enough for me.
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Quote Originally Posted by Timber2 View Post
    We had some fellas down from us who skybusted a flock of redheads and then spent twenty-five minutes riding around trying to retrieve the one bird they managed to cripple. They caused three different groups of birds we were working to flare. They eventually picked up the bird 40 yards outside our dekes.

Some people.
    We may be talking about the same people here.. I swear to you they were chasing crippled coots and teal around back and forth in front of our spread while one guy stood on the bow and shot them... what made me so mad is when they did finally kill it you could hear the driver of the boat tell the shooter to not pick it up if it was a coot.. then amazingly after all this we had a boat of younger hunters drive up while we're still hunting and ask for directions back to the boat ramp. They didnt even know where they had put in at so I had to name a few landings before they figured out it was the ferry.. I gave them directions back. I shouldve sent them up south river some place..
    Quote Originally Posted by Baybuster View Post
    Highflyer kills ducks. I've seen this. Don't be mistaken little fella.

Don't complain too much Plumblee. You got a fine brace and should have known what you were getting into.
    DILLIGAF

that's low...

Now I know who some of the skybusters were, I could hear someone yelling about, " stop shooting those coots!"
    Question: does a feeding chuckle work if there are no birds to hear it?

I love the stories of opening day. Brings back memories, some good & some not so good. The days of sleeping in the boat, sky busting idiots, cold as hell canvas waders, non matching camo, no meat stick stickers, no mojo decoys, and spot light wars. Glad to hear that somethings don't change. Sounds like the sky busting idiots are still around.
    Last edited by FHF; 11-21-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Now I know who some of the skybusters were, I could hear someone yelling about, " stop shooting those coots!"
    Question: does a feeding chuckle work if there are no birds to hear it?
    I was wondering the same thing.. heard people blasting come back calls all morning when there wasn't even a cormorant around..
    Quote Originally Posted by Baybuster View Post
    Highflyer kills ducks. I've seen this. Don't be mistaken little fella.

Wow

Once in my teens. I was stupid enough to repeat the feat once again in my early twenties.

Camp on a river bank, then head out in the morn, maybe. Sleep in the boat, NEVER EVER again.
    Last edited by willyworm; 11-21-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft