Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i need injectors for my truck (diesel)

Excuse me......BUT THE HELL WITH EDGE!!

Had it and didn't like the result plus limped the tranny trying to get it to the performance levels I wanted, switched to EFI with chuck and said F all other programmers. 28mpg is a little exaggerated though.....more like 24

My advice to you is to look into EFI and talk to chuck......that is once you get the truck fixed.

Also, give use a description of what all you've found out so far and what it is doing.and exactly. Ill post it up on dieselplace and see what the guys say and do a little research myself. Ill see what I can find out and may try to get and may..... try to get by there this week
    Last edited by buckshot1224; 11-06-2011 at 06:44 AM.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    chuck... me and krt looked at it yesterday evening and the wiring harness is not the problem..basically not rubbed at all by the alternator. Krt said you was getting 28 mpg on the interstate..crazy. i get ten to eleven at best. he said edge attitude would help....injectors first though
    Nope not 28 MPG 24 and some change. From exit 139 on 26 back to summerville was 24-25 MPG ~75 MPH based on the DIC and it is about .5 MPG off from hand calculated. If you want more info let me know. I am also running 285/70/17 BFGs on H2 rims.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1224 View Post
    Excuse me......BUT THE HELL WITH EDGE!!

Exactly!!
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 11-06-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Well I guess the best way I can describe it is going up a hill I lose power and it seems like it is trying to find a gear( has nothing to do with the tranny) and is blowing white smoke out the exhaust pipe. Also at higher speeds (55 +) it feel like a small jerking and more smoke. The loss of power is the main thing especially going up a hill. Smoke is bad during loss of power similar to laying the pedal to the mat but not as dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Is the check engine light on? If so you got to find out what the codes are.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 11-06-2011 at 08:16 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

No check engine light on.I took it to Herndon to have the injectors pulled that were leaking. Waiting on a rrdponseon turn around time for rebuilding the stock ones if it takes too long I'm going to buy new ones
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

that just seems odd to me for that many to go out all at once

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1224 View Post
    that just seems odd to me for that many to go out all at once
    I thought and think the same but it's not the harness
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Nope not 28 MPG 24 and some change. From exit 139 on 26 back to summerville was 24-25 MPG ~75 MPH based on the DIC and it is about .5 MPG off from hand calculated. If you want more info let me know. I am also running 285/70/17 BFGs on H2 rims.
    21.7mpg last Friday on 150 mile round trip with 75% Hwy & Interstate and 25% city, average speed right around 65mph overall....running 285/75/16 Hankook MTs on aftermarket 16x8 Moto Metals

just sayin.......
    Last edited by buckshot1224; 11-07-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I thought and think the same but it's not the harness
    what color is the smoke? I'm wondering if something bigger hasn't happened to cause the injectors to go out. CP3 pump maybe. No over heating issues?

Mine did something similiar once and it was because of water in the fuel but this sounds a lot worse.