Thread: AR opener! SLOoooww!

Slow to say the lease. We killed a few duck but with all the water and warm temp we did our part to save the tundra. Also got the pup in the feild to learn more about what her life is going to revolve around.

Her first duck on opening day was a greenwing hen.

First mallard.Yeah I know it's a hen!

80-20 Genaration

Proud Dad! She's 8 months old so it was a big learning curve for her.

Poster Child for Avery.
    80-20 Genaration

Conservation Order in full affect!!!!

80-20 Genaration

Pup got in on the snow action too!!
    80-20 Genaration

And the big prize for the week a banded specklebelly!!! This band was worn to the point that you could almost not read it.Sweet!!!
    80-20 Genaration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pretty work there DW! Sorry the ducks were not there but as to be expected, the Duck Hippy in you found something to whack the hell out of...

Congrats on the banded Speck! A great trophy. Holler at us with the band info when you get it...

The black bitch is looking super and will no doubt be a "made" dog by the end of January.

I walked out my front door night before last to call the dog in for the night and heard a strange sound. I quickly identified it as snow geese and hollered for JPC to come out. It was 11:30 at night but the moon was HUGE and I called them over with my mouth to see there were 2 snows and 10 blues in the flock. They circled the farm for about 45 minutes and went on down to the lake. The next day 5 Sandhill Cranes were out in one of the fields. Good migration moon. They will be in NE. Ark shortly I imagine...

Thanks JAB, The pup did great and I can't wait to get her on some good mallard whackings. We are working on a snow goose rig right now and plan on doing more of that including the spring season.

The speck band was a very nice suprise. It's made of stainless steel, The first for me. I know they band a lot of Lesser Canadas with those. I'll share the info when I get it.
    80-20 Genaration

Good looking pics DM1. Looks like that pup might earn her keep. My dog got a lesson in patience this first season!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.