Thread: Accomplished graduate drowns

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Accomplished graduate drowns

He should have taken some swimming lessons at the YMCA.

Accomplished graduate drowns

DEEP RIVER, Conn. — A man who earned five degrees from the University of Connecticut earlier this year drowned while swimming in a quarry.

Divers on Tuesday recovered the body of Devin Thomas Gaines, 22, from a pond at a gravel pit, police said.

In five years as an undergraduate, Gaines compiled 276 credits, majoring in computer science, cognitive science, theater studies, linguistics and psychology, and an individualized program in cinema, culture and cognition, the school said. He also had five minors.

"He was a true university citizen," said Gary English, head of the school's dramatic arts department. "He made the university his oyster. You crave kids like that."

Devin Gaines, 22, had attracted media attention for finishing at
    the University of Connecticut earlier this year with five majors in
    five years

University registrar Jeffrey von Munkwitz-Smith said he believes five majors at once is a school record.

"I'm not leaving college wondering, 'What if I had done this or that?'" Gaines told The Hartford Courant in May. "I kind of like the challenge in some ways. I love learning."

Gaines began his education studying computer science and engineering. After helping another student with a computer design for a theater class, he added a second major in theater studies. The other majors arose from his interest in how people relate to computers, he said.

Gaines credited his success to his multitasking skills.

"I don't get as much sleep as the normal person," he said.

Gaines accepted a computer-based job at a pension-consulting firm in Stamford and had been accepted at New York University, where he planned to pursue a master's degree in educational communication and technology.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Damn shame. He woulda just wigged out anyway, but it's still a damn shame.

Iron knee

Wonder if they'll bury his heart there?