Thread: My old mans gator!

Default My old mans gator!

My old man got drawn for the first time this year and we've had trouble finding time to slip off and chase one until today! we decided on thurs that we were gonna head out on sat morning early. pulled in his drive around 5:15 and finally had to go in and wake his old ass up around 5:45 so we were on the road by a few after 6. Got on Marion around 9:30 and pulled into the cove i wanted to hunt around 10:15. Hooked in to this one around 10:45 and had him in the boat dead by 11:30! Not to shabby for the old man's first gator! Measured out at 12' 4", no clue on the weight because the biggest scale we could get bottomed out at 600.

Last edited by CantCareSB; 09-24-2011 at 08:32 PM.
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Good killin' with the old man!!!
    Last edited by triplebeard; 09-24-2011 at 08:40 PM.

cove that we know?.....seen two on the bank the other weekend we went in that were decent size....weren't 12' though

nice hunt man...glad you were with your ol man

Nice!

Good job.
    There's a fine line between HARDCORE AND IGNORANCE!

Good gator
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Just for reference in the first pic my dad is 6' 3" 270lb. Thanks fellas, this will definitely be a memory that will last forever.

Cleancut he was just down from there in the 2nd big cove where we chased that big one around last year
    Last edited by CantCareSB; 09-25-2011 at 08:43 AM.
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Way to go!
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK