Thread: Today's Opener

Apparantly it was opening day of duck season on the Wateree river this morning. They shot 4 or 5 woodies in a 20 minute hunt about 2 miles north of the confluence of the Wateree and the Congaree. In case any gamewardens would like to watch them shoot again this afternoon or tomorrow, they are camped out on the East side of the river. Good luck with them.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Who is "they"?

Call operation game thief and tell'em to look out for these 'they" folks! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Too bad they aren't camped on the west side this would be over by now . I can't put my finger on it but I just don't put much stock in your posts [img]redface.gif[/img]
    Well, I\'m not a gynecologist but I\'ll take a look.

Too bad they aren't camped on the west side this would be over by now . I can't put my finger on it but I just don't put much stock in your posts [img]redface.gif[/img]

Fishy
    More fuel = more boost!!

My boys heard them this morning too. Nothing new. Happens every year...

With no ramifications? That's sad.

Who's watching?

the sad part is that it DOES happen every year....and people just want to talk about it instead of calling in the cops. the next bad part is that the cops/dnr can not or will not do anything about it. i would love to hear trad's take on this one.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

Doc - how many did you kill? What species?

(LOL)
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

2 hen woodies.
    1 hen black
    2 hen mallets
    2 hooded merganeezers
    1 pintail hen

2th, you in on the Hen Pot? Looks like $30!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

i thought they only counted if taken during the season.... [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Damn, If I would have thought about that, I would have started today too! [img]graemlins/hungry.gif[/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

tradorion Coots

Trad's take on it? OGT- if that fails to get the proper repsonse then I gladly accept invitations and directions... as noted before- have truck will travel.

Often times there are repeat offenses that just take time to come to our attention- other times it is "close but not quite"- such as they may shoot a different area and we are in the area but not quite close enough...

I always say call OGT (800-922-5431) and ask to speak to an officer in the given county- let them know that you have detailed information to pass on- it is frustrating to get 10 calls that there is night hunting or roost shooting in the bottom 1/3 of a county when you KNOW one of the 10 callers could give more specific info but chooses not too.

Help us out boys! We need it!

T

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Originally posted by Spider:
    Originally posted by Spider:
    LabL is that you? You using an alias again? Fess up son! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

hmmmm 2th, 1 pintail, and 2 Hooded Mergies????
    Living the dream....

OD, you know doctors are never too concerned with limits or what is in season.

real nice
    \"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote\" <br />Ben Frankln, 1759

real nice
    \"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote\" <br />Ben Frankln, 1759