Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Comments on DU

How about that Slick we have the same plan.
    The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    Theodore Roosevelt

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Geez Slick are you some sort of waterfowl biologist???

Well hell, SCWoody. That's a real coincidence ain't it!!!! You reckon we're the only one's who thought of it. At least we won't be sitting behind a huge spread of deeks on open water waiting for the big flock of flight birds to show up. It could be disapointing to waste the season that way.
    Duckboy,
    Nope. I am not a biologist of any kind. Just an outdoorsman making a few observations based on what I've seen. Sorry If I came off sounding like an "expert" on waterfowl, we have plenty of those already. Guess I was just speaking what's on my mind. Hope I can still do that here without putting someone's tail in a knot.
    There comes a point in your life when you realize:
    Who matters,
    Who never did,
    Who won't anymore...
    And who always will.

Start getting the rich and very lazy plantation owner's to start planting and producing the product that brought the mass of the mallards to south carolina, and i'm not talking about wild rice i'm talking about carolina gold rice.
    SOMETIME\'S

Senator,
    I see your point. Agricultural food sources definately play a big part in attracting and concentrating birds already in the region. After Hugo there was a big change around the lowlands. But I think there is always an over-abundance of naturally occuring foods to choose from, they are just more widely distributed.
    The problem seems to be more wide spread than just our area. The whole east coast is seeing less birds. I think we need to look for a more global cause.
    Who matters,
    Who never did,
    Who won't anymore...
    And who always will.

everyone needs to look @ the big picture. Even if you feel like you dont see results from DU here....then leave this state and go to Ark. N.D.,Canada and look for results. If you think DU does not help....then surely you also agree that it cant HURT !!!!

Keep your 25.00$ a year and go buy some more POWERBALL tickets.....that will certainly put more ducks in the sky!!!!
    student and child prodigy of the "Professor's" duckology!

RugerAnnie Coots

I bought my Christmas Cards from DU this year to help the duckies out!!!

It's not the warmer weather - that's just a good excuse - we are being lied to by the FWS and other orgs because of the money to be made when there are supposed to be alot of ducks - if you gave and gave didn't see or hear the results would you still give money - if there weren't ducks would the big sponsors still give money and sell products?
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

Nab,
    I'm still giving money. But I don't hear or see much at all in the way of results. Just a lot of statistics that I'm not able to prove or disprove, taken from some other part of the country. On the contrary, I see things in my corner of the woods getting worse. Oh sure, I get all warm and fuzzy feeling when I see how some empoundment in a Northern California rich mans wine vinyard has a new population of pintails to admire. But I wonder if this fella really needs my money for that and realize that I don't have a choice in the decision about where it's spent. The only thing I can do is give or not.
    Who matters,
    Who never did,
    Who won't anymore...
    And who always will.

Alot of people will still give money - let the word out that their are not alot of ducks and the big, corporate sponsors(that sell hunting related gear) will loose sales and therefore it will mean less $$$ for the orgs -are they gonna let that happen? - nope - it's all about money once again.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

Absolutely right Nab,
    It is all about money, that's how sucess is measured. Every year the income figures get higher and higher. We are paying for the privledge without understanding what the desired outcome is. Is it by design or just accident that it turns out this way?
    Who matters,
    Who never did,
    Who won't anymore...
    And who always will.