Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Promised Thread on New WMA's

tradorion Coots

Bogster- think about what you just said... you directed it at the DNR but in reality it should be directed at politicians.

The fact that DNR "doesn't have a set of nuts" often comes back to the fact that MANY IF NOT MOST aspects of management (ANY SPECIES)in SC come back to the support of the legislature. If they don't like it they don't let you do it NO MATTER HOW SOUND THE BIOLOGY IS!!

Ducks is a PRIME example- the days less politicians than ever are hunters. Even fewer are duck hunters (in any form) and next to NONE of them are Public Water Duck Hunters....

So what they are looking to do with Migratory Ducks on Public Water in SC is next to nothing b/c they have way way too many issues of "public interest" already on their plates. Not to mention that a number of them have friends with corn ponds or MRP programs [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

Its not that DNR Biologists dont have ideas. Its not that they don't have nutz. Its that they truly lack the level of support it would take to change much of anyting.

T

Trad, that post wasn't directed at SCDNR, i very much support them. It just pisses me off that a few decide for everyone. SC has the ability to be a waterfowl state again,but pork barrel politics stand in the way. It sickens me that the MRP will never be abolished because Senators and Legislators are major contributors to its growing. IF the people of SC were allowed to vote it out, they would put up a fight and win because of the political bullshit. That is poor Government!
    it bothers me that no one has the nuts to stand up and say whats right, because they don't want to lose their position.
    The people should be allowed to elect whoever they want, But, THEY SHOULD ALSO BE ALLOWED TO PULL THE PIECE OF SHITS OUT WHEN THEY ARE DOING THINGS FOR SELF INTEREST.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

SCDNR should not fear budget cuts, thats one of the problems DT. Who will cut their budgets?? What legislators (by name) will do so??
    On what grounds??
    SCDNR should have budget increases, right? why can we not propose a bill that states a law against their cuts?? who is responsible for this political sleeziness??
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I split them. 5 go to the best looking one and the other 5 go to the one that has the best job.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

tradorion Coots

HELL YEAH!! Candor- The Perpetual Student gives us all a very important lesson!!

BOGSTER- here's a few notes on politics- like him or not when The Gov pulled his pigs in the legislature act to point out the pork in the budget one politician went on record as saying "Mark can live on principle- the rest of us live on pork" or something VERY CLOSE to that... it was in one of the Chas papers.

Another lesson i have pointed out before is the legislator who commented on Dept of Mental Health having the right to sell their own deeded property. The legislator noted that DMH could make the sale and keep all the money for themselves OR they could give the state legislators "THEIR FAIR SHARE" (ain't that some shit!!) BUT IF DMH failed to "do the right thing" (right being defined as giving the legislators their due) then the legislators would remember that when the DMH budget was being worked on.

POLITICS IN SC IS DIRTY any which way you look at it.

T

DT, I would be willing to bet that for the most part, including rubberheads, most duck hunters will vote. You should be the one to know, though.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Trad, of all people to bring up the DMH. Someone gave that property to the Department years ago for the purpose of using it to help the mental cases.

It is very wrong for our government to go against those wishes. It sets a bad precedence. If I had and assload of money that I wanted DNR to use, I would not give it because our legislators will take advantage of it and deprive DNR of their respective portion of the budget as they will on the DMH.

Someone else posted, DT I think in another post, about money being used to help people first and conservation seond. If our legislators will take from the mental health of our society, what will they do to the wildlife?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

tradorion Coots

[img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] i'll take that bet Coots Ass...