Default Ribs

Dry rub?

Temp and time? I'm on a webber.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

cyber scouter
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Low and slow (250 degrees 2-3 hours or until they will break away). Indirect heat. Dry rub of your choice (pretty much what you think tastes good and you have in the cabinet). Sauce last 10 -15 minutes if you want too.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

2-2-1 method for baby backs or 3-2-1 for spare ribs.

If you're using the kettle (not the WSM), then here's a good link: KETTLE RIBS

This site has a plethora of info on Cooking/Smoking on a Weber. It started more based on the WSM (Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker), but has evolved into all things Weber. Here's the main site: VWBB

I know there are much better chiefs on here than me, but heres how I do them.

I have my own dry rub now, but if you dont any store will have a good rub. I like Mccormicks pork rub or there sweet and tangy dry rub.

Important: make sure you take a pair of pliers and pull the inside film off. it is worth it.

Then I cover and rub them in a dry rub. Next i wrap them in tin foil and cook for 2.5 hours at 250 degrees on the grill. That tin foil keeps the jucie in and they boil in the juice. Next I take them out the tin foil place directly on grill and cover with favorite BBQ sauce and brown them up 10 minutes or so.

Brett

Make sure to pull the connective membrane off the underside of the ribs.....pro tip.

dry rub.sauce on the side fer dipping.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Make sure to pull the connective membrane off the underside of the ribs.....pro tip.
    X2. paper towel and a butter knife works wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    'Nother pro tip: Catfish skinners work great too!

only thing else I would suggest is coat in yellow mustard both sides before applying rub, after you strip the membrane off. The taste of mustard burns off but it will help break down the meat and holds the rub on better. I use this for butts also. use the paper towel/butter knife trick removing the membrane on the underside of the ribs as already indicated.

Do not sauce them until you are just about ready to eat.

Another tactic (before sauce) is after you pull them off the cooker wrap them in tin foil and set in a cooler, wrap the meat in foil with towels for about 20 minutes. Thank me later on this.
    Last edited by LowcountryBuck; 06-30-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Lowcountry speaks the truth. I just put 3 racks of baby backs on at 225 and am going to roll with a 2-1.5-1 method to keep them from drying out. I like to add a little bit of apple cider when I wrap them to help tenderize them.

I have a mustard/vinegar sauce that I made that's pretty low on sugar, and I like to really sauce them up for every hour or since it's pretty hard to burn.

X 2 Harv, Dry Rub ... Sauce on side

225 3-4 hrs or until the bone twists out
    there is not a thing wrong with 3 woodies a day!!!

very good and correct information.

So what time the ribs going to be ready. I'm hungry
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by dmatheny21 View Post
    Low and slow (250 degrees 2-3 hours or until they will break away). Indirect heat. Dry rub of your choice (pretty much what you think tastes good and you have in the cabinet). Sauce last 10 -15 minutes if you want too.
    Ditto. I would add some water soaked cherry wood to the coals right when the ribs go on. Gives a great sweet smoky flavor.