Thread: New "Double Duty" Kayak

Default New "Double Duty" Kayak

I sold my Old Town Dirigo 12ft yesterday and then went and picked up my new Coosa.Good gracious this thing is AWESOME. I looked at everything under $1000.00 as it was my budget. I almost bought a Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 until I saw the Coosa. I took it out today and enjoyed it alot.Its a very stable platform,heavier than my Dirigo but the difference between a Sit Inside vs.Sit on Top is huge.Im 5'9 and weigh about 240 lbs.I had plenty of room for my fat behind and all my gear.I love that my feet dont go to sleep like they used to while being in a sit inside. I like all the dry storage and the rear crate cradle. The high seat position feels different but after a few minutes it was a piece of cake as I enjoyed the extra height.The seat is like sitting in a lawn chair at home.It was easy to get in and out of, even in deeper water.The seat is removable and can be used to sit on the shore and take a break for lunch without having to sit on the ground. I loved the comfy seat and storage,espeically the paddle keepers and rod holders in the rear and the rod tie downs along the sides.Fished the Saluda River for a few hrs and had a blast.Its a well thought out yak.I used a Daytripper paddle but will change it to something just a little longer and lighter before long.I will also use this to duck hunt some slip holes I have and also on some of the rivers througout SC. I stuffed 8 decoys in the front dry box and had a waist pack with shells calls and grub in the rear. Should be a blast for the "Woodrow" blastin'! Bought mine in Charlotte NC for $1028.00 OTD.Heres some pics of my new Coosa!

Last edited by barnabus; 06-19-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Those are some bad-ass yaks. I"ve wanted one real bad since they came out, I just don't know if I'll need one for awhile with living in the desert and all.
    Last edited by quackaddict; 06-18-2011 at 08:08 AM.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Nice rig!

You must be on RiverBassin

Those are some slick looking rigs though.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdeerBASSturkey View Post
    You must be on RiverBassin

Those are some slick looking rigs though.

Thats right..they are a bunch of "pecker heads" there........ just like here!
    Last edited by barnabus; 06-18-2011 at 11:17 AM.

That little finger you were in when you took the photo can hold some nice smallmouth just before dark.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Nice looking rig.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

cool. did you catch any fish??
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

thats a great boat... the jackson family make awesome boats! the plastic is tough as hell!!
    good luck in that thing.. make sure you post up some pics!