Thread: Cell phone hands free device

Default Cell phone hands free device

Company is getting nasty about using cell phones while driving company vehicle. What are you all using besided those hippy blue tooth ear pieces? Is there a cradle I can put my phone into and use some sort of fm transmitter to use the phone through the radio? I dont have a fancy smart phone just a gzone.

I use $5 earbuds with mic from Big Lots. I have 4-5 of them stashed about. They never need charging and I dont look like a queer with the blew toof.

dont know about your fancy transmitter stuff. I know they do make GPS's with builtin blue tooth capabilities.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

If your vehicle doesn't have BT built in, go for one of the Parrot units. Best secondary mfr. bar none. Better sound quality than a lot of the OEM units.

GPS with built in sounds like shit, for both the caller and listener. I have it on my garmin nuvi, and used it once and never again.

Specifically
    PARROT MKi9200

http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/b...-free-car-kits
    Last edited by SCFoxman; 05-31-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Depends on how much $ you want to spend.

I was gonna suggest the bluetooth through GPS. It's quite handy & if you already have GPS, you aren't out any money.

I also have the small bluetooth ear-piece for the cell phone. Put the ear-piece in your ear & cell phone on your belt. I've answered the phone (via ear-piece), while phone was inside the closed console of truck, in my purse & standing outside of vehicle.
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

I picked up a set of Bose earphones. They work great with my cell phone and my iPod.

Very happy with my BlueAnt S4. Basically turns your phone into a wireless speakerphone via a visor mounted unit. Battery lasts forever between charges and the sound is great. You should be able to find one for around $65.

this one looks cool, can you call using it, or just answer when someone calls. I’m not paying for it, the company is, so I’ve got to run it up the flag pole. I’ve already got the blue tooth earpiece, just cant get myself to ware it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunAround View Post
    Very happy with my BlueAnt S4. Basically turns your phone into a wireless speakerphone via a visor mounted unit. Battery lasts forever between charges and the sound is great. You should be able to find one for around $65.

My lazy ass just looked it up, this looks like what Im looking for, thanks for the help.

Got the Motorola visor Bluetooth and have been very pleased.

If you turn the HTC Inspire on its face, the speaker phone comes on automatically.