Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opening Day. 87 yrs Old.

Quote Originally Posted by Wad Shooter View Post
    Very cool!

I have an uncle downin Hampton who will be 86 this year. He has been turkey hunting for 60 years and is still a turkey hunting machine. He mostly calls in birds for others now, but he stiall carries his gun. When it's turkey season everything else is on hold.

I went hunting with him last week, and although we didn't kill a bird I wouldn't trade it for any other hunt I can recall.
    Dang straight! Tell him I would love to go his school one day if he wants to comes and wack one of my birds outside of estill!

Fro, I figured you and Cali already knew him or at least of him. In fact, I saw a FMS, LLC map on the wall at the hunting camp.

He hunts at Green Swamp HC, but calls for people on their land all around your area.

He is old school fo sho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    That's the original Realtree® pattern. I wore it for years and it works.

Choc,
    What did he shoot that turkey with?

I picture him using an old Browning A-5 with a fixed full choke or an old 870 in 2¾" only, shooting Winchester Super X # 6 high brass.
    Mergie he uses a Browning Belgium A-5 fixed choke nothing special for shells other than high brass. To some of the other posts... no face mask, he's holding the turkey like that because he still gets on the tractor everyday. Little more information on him he just got an english pointer that is now about 7 months old that he is training for quail hunting. he will still walk me to death quail hunting. I am probably the proudest of that man that any grandson could be.

Oh yeah ...thanks guys for all of the positive responses!

bird had three beards and inch and 1/4 spurs

It was not that long ago that these older men started wearing camouflage. I still remember the day my brother showed up in my grandparents kitchen wearing a camo jumpsuit before a dog hunt, Pa asked him what he was supposed to look like he said a tree;t Pa said stand behind the damn tree. That lesson has gone a long way.

what branch of service was your grandfather in?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

army stationed in the phillipines radio operator