Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: electronic books

WHOOOOAAAAAA! I JUST HIT THE BRAKES!

Justin, what kinda, damn typewriter is that in your bookcase & have you got another one like it?
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

bought my Mom a Nook for Christmas, she loves it

Brother has a Nook color that he constantly uses. He brings it to church and has the bible on it. Seems convenient.
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Quote Originally Posted by Vikki View Post
    WHOOOOAAAAAA! I JUST HIT THE BRAKES!

Justin, what kinda, damn typewriter is that in your bookcase & have you got another one like it?
    It is a Remington Noiseless 6.

And yes, I know what it is.

No I dont have another.

Yes, I paid $3 for it at a yard sale.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Dammit, Justin. Y'all must hide stuff when I come & visit.
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

naw, my office is usually strewn with guns, camo, random ammo and such. The door gets closed when company comes callin.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

can someone check to see if they have textbooks? For example Principles of Environmental Engineering and Science by Davis and Masten. Sure would beat the hell outta carrying 5 books across the parade deck 5 times a day.

I bought Mom a Kindle for her birthday last week. I loaded Rolf in the Woods on it just to see if there was any chance of The Old Man giving it a go. He reread it on the Kindle in 2 days. The next day he called me wanting to know how to get on SCDUCKS...