Thread: Jap Millet

Now is the time to be spreading that millet! I am going to mix in a little Egyptian wheat this go round for a small bit of cover after the millet lodges...

I have a question about the Jap millet. I have a little swamp that holds water in the winter. It holds a few wood ducks. I put some boxes in there 3 years ago and they have been used all three years. I usually just throw out some corn occasionally to give them a reminder. This is at my dad's house in Evergreen and I don't have time to go consistantly. Would this millet be something I could go in there and plant now(or should I have done it before now) to give them a somewhat steady food supply. The area is void of water now but the ground is always damp. I am not looking to hunt these birds, I just want to give them a reason to bring more of their friends. Thanks for any help. By the way that is a pretty cool picture.
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.

Millet is worth a try. It is cheap and you can "plant" it as easily as spreading it on exposed wet soil and get decent germination. Now is the time. Give it a go.

Where can you buy jap millet seed? Is there another name for it?

Southern States normally carried Japanese Millet.

Thanks for the reply.
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.

Millet is seeded! Hard to find this year. Southern States in Sumter had none. Wannamaker had one bag. Carsons had none. You might try Mixon Seed in Orangeburg...

I've got an extra bag or two if any body needs it. You can get it for what I paid...$35 each.
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

Millet spoken for.

Thank you, thank you very much. [img]graemlins/elvis.gif[/img]

ive got an extra bag ill let go for $25
    paid 35

Originally posted by JABIII:
    Millet is seeded! Hard to find this year. Southern States in Sumter had none. Wannamaker had one bag. Carsons had none. You might try Mixon Seed in Orangeburg...
    That is because everyone is looking for ANYTHING to plant for hay.....
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

We don't get no rain you wasting your time.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I got a bag in Blythewood on Saturday for $27. They had a couple more left. Nutz, tell your dad that I was serious about the sand if he wants some. I saw him riding the hoopty cart down the street this weekend.

when did you move to Elgin?

About 4 years ago. The wife was working in camden and convinced me to move. I did not like it at first but now I would not move back to Lexington. Hope everything is going good for you, I haven't seen you since I quit the county.

nothing's changed around here.

Originally posted by HUNTINDUCS:
    Nutz, tell your dad that I was serious about the sand if he wants some. I saw him riding the hoopty cart down the street this weekend.
    hehe

He said you were talking with someone and he didnt want to interupt. He said he is going to try and come by this afternoon and get some. Thanks